Used 2009 MINI Cooper Clubman Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 30 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 MINI Cooper Clubman Hatchback Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cooper Clubman model:

Just save yourself the headache
By Tim

2009 MINI Cooper Clubman Hatchback S 3dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I saw these negative reviews about these cars but unfortunately i didn't listened when j bought my 2009 Mini Cooper Clubman S. Plain and simple my car is a MONEY PIT. Bought car for 8k at 65k miles. So far I have put in 6k in repairs... walnut blast engine cleaning, misfires, high pressure fuel pump, valve cover breather, timing chain, thermostat, OIL LEAKS my auto gear shifter broke to shit somehow...had to replace entire shifter. All of this and probably a bit more was fixed and my shop says my Turbo will need to be replaced in the next 30k miles....that's another $3k to rebuild. However, it's fun as [non-permissible content removed] when it drives. Think I'm having steering/suspension problems with horri ble overseer. This car will be sold after this summer for sure.

Almost 4 years and still loving it!
By minnesotaeric

2009 MINI Cooper Clubman Hatchback 3dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I have a 2009 base Clubman with the 6 speed, and wouldn't have it any other way.
I did get an email from the dealer last week about the Evaporator plate. Now that we're in the dead of summer, I am noticing a little odor (thought it was my shoes), so they suggest the Evaporator needs to be cleaned out for $120. That's the first service item on the car, with 48,000 miles and nearly 4 years. On the highway, I still get 42 MPG. With the 6 speed, I am never without the power I need.
I travel quite a bit and met 2 BMW engineers. Both said the 6 speed base Cooper w/ sport assist is a great car. I added the stabilizer bar as the only add on...and Xenon lights. Great value. Great Car. Fun!Fun!Fun!

Drives like a go-kart and more room in the cockpit than I had in my old Explorer..even at 6'3". Big enough storage to hold my softball gear or golf clubs, and with the gas mileage and voice activated Bluetooth, I'm now teaching my daughter how to drive it...so she can have it in 2 years.

None. Well designed. Well engineered.

The Jury is Out
By Buffaloe

2009 MINI Cooper Clubman Hatchback S 3dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

While I am very pleased to date with my Clubby, the potential for issues associated with build quality, durability, maintenance intervals, etc make me wonder about the future. Given the Clubby is under warranty but when I learn that brake replacement can approach $1K or higher, that concerns me. IMO, the whole MINI culture/concept not only includes the original purchase price but also the ongoing highly expensive maintenance. I will watch these reviews closely as the 2008 Clubby lose warranty coverage.

Looks and rear door entry.

Armrest & regular tires (those run flats are very hard).

2009 Mini Cooper Clubman Base Automatic
By Gerry Maldo

2009 MINI Cooper Clubman Hatchback 3dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

This vehicle is incredible fun to drive. I am averaging 26 mpg mostly city and not much traffic (really bad for a small vehicle) If you like manual transmission stick to it as on this car as the base model (NOT S TURBO) does not have the perk to get you moving. The car is a great eye catcher on the road. If I decide to get into another Mini it will the Turbo (S)model for sure. Cornering is a thrill like any other car on the road.

Road Grip, Dual Sunroof, Sound system, convenience package and great xenon lights

Sunroof should come with actual shades not a mesh to avoid the heat (specially in heat of the summer) For the price, this vehicle should be offer only in the S Turbo edition

Fun and then some
By Gregg

2009 MINI Cooper Clubman Hatchback S 3dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have had the car for seven months and the only thing I can say fun fun fun. Great handling, the response is unbelievable. How so much car can be built into such a compact design is anybodys guess. There is nothing on the road that looks like it and it turns heads when you drive. Will be getting another one as soon as the lease to our second car is up. Definitely look at this one if your in the market.

The deco interior, mood light.

better sound system should be standard.