Used 2010 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan Consumer Reviews

$4,500

Used Grand Marquis for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Make America Comfortable Again

See email, 09/02/2018
LS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Our family test drove a Lexus LS460, Audi A6, Equinox Premier, Avalon Limited, Infinity X50, Nissan Murano, Lincoln MKX, BMW Series 3, and Cadillac CTS. We don't drive on European Autobahns, Formula racetracks, through the alps, or off road. We don't talk on the phone, text, surf the net, listen to music, watch movies, eat fast food, play video games, look for restaurants, play the stock market, or drink Starbucks coffee while we drive. We drive defensively and try to avoid potholes, road blockages, road rage, inconsiderate, impatient, distracted drivers, and becoming a statistic. We don't like cameras that mask poor visibility caused by bad design, hatchbacks, oversized headrest, sunshades, micro-glass levels, and large pillars. We prefer seats that don't come equipped with a year's supply of Preparation H and require a "16 way power adjustment" to overcome what is an uncomfortable seat. We prefer a car that doesn't cost more than our house; doesn't talk back to us; doesn't have a mind of its own, and doesn't tells us hundreds of things we don't need to know, yet makes it difficult to determine our speed and fuel level. We prefer a genuinely powerful 8 cylinder 4 speed engine/transmission to "jacked-up" engine/transmissions that require a Cal Davis engineering degree to understand and a second mortgage to buy and maintain. Finally, We learned to look for cars that Edmund dissed and avoid cars they kissed. Each to his own. My family voted unanimously to keep our Grand Marquis, Likewise, we agreed that we would not exchange it for any of the cars we tested in an even swap.

4 in a row!

ret2, 02/11/2011
LS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I am about to buy my 4th Grand Marquis. First was a 1997. Need room for 4 adults, and trunk big enough for wheel chair, also wanted an V8 with posi-traction to pull my boat out every once in a while. It was trouble free all I ever did was change the oil. Sold it and the last I heard it has 240K miles on in and is still going. Bought a 2000. Same thing. Trouble free!Bought a 2005 have 90K on it and drove high speed highway driving. 24MPG and except for a broken cable in the drivers window it has been trouble free. All these cars are workhorses. The Best American made car as far as I am concerned. Also the best car for the money. Very sorry they have discontinued this winner!

tired of buzz boxes

Dave, 12/27/2015
LS Fleet 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this after my Audi blew up. This car used was about the same price as to repair German engineering. I drive it on a whim and twenty minutes later fell in love with it. Faster more comfortable, definably a better experience. I won't even miss all the red led lighting on The Audi or the crazy maintenance costs. Car may look like a land yacht but it's really a Ford muscle car in disguise! Get em while ya can kids.

What you see is what you get

joe_168, 05/28/2011
LS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Lots of bang for your buck with this one. Even though it's a throwback to the 70s (same platform since late 70s) and the sheet metal is virtually the same for the last 15-20 years; the simplicity of owing this vehicle, the reliability and comfort that comes with it can't be matched. If you're looking for a car that rides good, is big and comfortable, this is your car.

Muscle Luxuary Car Roars like a V-8

Steady Eddie, 12/31/2018
LS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

When I heard Ford was not making this car past 2010 - 2011, I flocked to the Mercury Lincoln Dealer and bought a new "Ultimate" Grand Marquis. I sold my 2003 to a relative. I viewed a video on you tube where a 93 yr. old owner was getting a dual exhaust put on his 2003 Mercury. Well at 73 I thought I'm not waiting til I'm 93, I'm getting a Borla dual exhaust put on it and a K&N air filter on the 4.6 V-8. This upped the h.p. and acceleration and gas mileage of the vehicle. In my book, there is nothing better than the sound of the roar of a V-8, rear wheel drive equipped with Michelin tires. And since the car has an installed tachometer, why not add the above mentioned! I'm from the old school, I don't need all the complicated electronics and I can add a GPS to my wind shield. I love the cushy ride, it is very comfortable. Mercury will be turning 10 years old in March 2020. It is still reliable and serving us well. The sound of the dual exhaust turns a lot of heads! It still has that nice cushy smooth ride. This is an update on my Mercury: The automatic transmission would not operate in reverse but was fine going in drive and shifting. I had to have it replaced and lucky for me, I have an extended mechanical electrical warranty that paid the majority cost of a replacement remanufactured transmission. We were out of the car for 2 weeks but thankfully we got it back with a replaced tranny. That was done by a major Ford dealership here in the Dundalk, MD. area. Also a couple of days ago a check engine light came on and it was diagnosed code PO301; no. 1 cylinder of the 4.6 L 281c V-8 had a bad ignition coil which was replaced and code cleared, so car is up and running great again! I figure that an 11 year old car is going to have problems and my Ford dealership along with my favorite local auto mechanical garage can take care of the problems.