Used 2004 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Consumer Reviews - 63 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SLK-Class model:

The first car I never wanted to part company with.
By Dr. Lynne Pirie

2004 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK32 AMG 2dr Roadster (3.2L 6cyl S/C 5A)

If you are over 6 feet tall or a "big" person, this is not the car for you. However as a 5'9" athletic female, it is perfect. I love how the seat fits me. I loathe the feeling of a wide seat. It's like wearing scrubs (if you're a medical professional) or sweat pants (if you're a housewife). That constant reminder to stay fit is reinforced by a waistband or a very nicely contoured car seat. I've had this car for 13 years now and it has just over 230,000 miles. Yes there have been some expensive repairs that come with that mileage, but it's well worth it. Right now it's at the shop for a new supercharger clutch, not a cheap repair. Overall, it runs like its brand new, and by driving sensibly, I get 23.5 mpg in the city and 30 mpg on the freeway. I love the timeless elegance of the style, the durability of the interior, the quality of the paint, the commanding power, acceleration and road hugging strength that speaks volumes to confirm the overall "built to last" reputation that this car has obviously earned.

Great Car After All These Years
By

2004 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK230 Kompressor 2dr Roadster (2.3L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I owned my 2004 SLK 230 until this past November when I traded it in on a BMW Z4.
Although I do love the BMW, I will always have a place in my heart for the Mercedes.
I kept the SLK until it had over 147K and it was as solid and reliable on the day I traded it in as the day I purchased it.
It was and probably remains a truly outstanding car and despite my joy in driving the BMW, the Mercedes will always be remembered as a wonderful car that gave me nothing but GREAT service.

Folding hard roof at a time when few cars had such an option, solid coup like qualities from a convertable, wonderful pick-up from a supercharged that gave me about 30 miles a gallon, beautiful styling etc.

None

GREAT CAR
By bobportney

2004 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK230 Kompressor 2dr Roadster (2.3L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I have now owned my car for over 31/2 years and it has 125k miles on it.
I purchased the car in Nov. of 2006 and at the time it had 16K miles.
I have now put over 109K miles on it and nothing has ever gpone wrong or prevented me from getting where I had to go.
I have serviced it on a regular basis and it has performed very well.
The reason I bought the 2004 SLK in 2006 was because my 2002 SLK was hit by another car and I wanted a new one but didn't like the body style of the 2005-2006 model.
I remain very happy with my SLK and await the next body style when I will most likely get another SLK.

Robert Portney, MD

The car has a body style that is beautiful, it gets good fuel economy, is comfortable, fast and is inexpensive to run. What more could I possibly want?

The car gets excellent traction in the snow but I would love all wheel drive.

My SLK Love Affair
By Robert Portney, MD

2004 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK230 Kompressor 2dr Roadster (2.3L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I have had this SLK for almost 3.5 years and despite the cars age and having 103,000 miles on it, it still feels rock solid and runs and looks like new. I purchased this vehicle for $12,000 plus my old SLK in 11/2006, even though the 2002 car had almost 90,000 miles on it and had been in a terrible accident. Thus, for a relatively small amount of money, I have had two beautiful cars that people think cost a lot of money but in reality only cost 10 to 15 cents per mile plus gas to run. In short, both MB SLKs have been extremely reliable and fun cars to drive and represented sound investments. That is why I plan on buying another SLK when the new models arrive in 2012. Robert Portney, MD

Folding Hard Top and Great Acceleration

Perhaps the seats could be a bit softer.

James Bond Car
By John

2004 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK320 2dr Roadster (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This Mercedes Benz will be collectors Car soon, the first SLK. It has the feel of Mercedes Benz and the look of a James Bond Car. Great for weekend get a ways for two or Mercedes Benz Club events. These cars will start increasing in value soon and everyone will want one.

Drop Top and Style