2017 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Class model:

Love Thy Toy
By Apurba Chatterjee

2017 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S 550 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (4.7L 8cyl Turbo 9A)

Comfort, Reliability & Prestige of owning a MB

2017 S550e Review
By KS

2017 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S 550e Plug-In Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo gas/electric hybrid 7A)

Great car, fuel efficient too.

Handles better than our 2008 E550
By Ken Mackintosh

2017 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S 550 4dr Sedan (4.7L 8cyl Turbo 9A)

Expensive, but superior ride, handling, quiet, and very responsive, faster and better MPG than our 08 E550! Many features, finding out more as we drive the car. We were blown away with the self setting clock, the previous Mercedes clocks, tedious when changing time. A truly superior automobile, although I do miss the bullet proof paint of old, the new paint being water based is not as durable.

No happe with S550e
By Amal Elayyan

I have been driving Mercedes most of my life even when I was young growing up my father always had a Mercedes. I love the car and the comfort level is great but I have never been so disappointed with a Mercedes in all my life as much as this time. I live in a gated very nice Golf community and most of my trips to San Francisco mostly no dirt or country driving, in 6 months the windshield crack twice the first time around I took it to the dealer and the cost was about $3000 now less than six months and the windshield crack again not sure if I want to spend another 3000 at the same time hate to drive such a nice beautiful almost new car with the window cracked, I took it to the dealer hoping they will honor some kind of warranty but no luck, Also the Car went totally dead on my few time not sure whey!!! I also felt it has been an issue with the charge because when I charged it totally to 100% and within 3-5 miles it the charge is down to 20% according to the manual I should drive a little longer in 100% charge.
Like I said I always drove owned and leased Mercedes but never had to deal with so many issues as much as this one it is either a lemon or Mercedes need to invest a little more time in creating the electric cars with the same high standard and quality they usually offer and deliver to customers.

First car I really fell in love with it
By Eileen S

2017 Mercedes-Benz S-Class AMG S 63 4MATIC 2dr Coupe AWD (5.5L 8cyl Turbo 7A)

I love that the car the sporty and luxurious at the same time. I've been very happy almost every second the entire time I've had the car. It handles like a dream. I like this over the M3, the Porsche 911, and Panamera. I would love that my next car have all the handling capabilities and speed that come in this luxurious sporty car.