Used 2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Consumer Reviews - 66 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Class model:

Benz Luvr
By C Romero

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

Always have it inspected by an independent outside inspector. Even if the car is coming from a reputable dealership.

This car is the reason I only drive Mercedes.
By QueenSliwa

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S550 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I received this car from my father when I was 16 years old. I'm a materialistic girly girl but I don't just love it because of the looks I get but the actual car is extremely comfortable to drive. I've never had the same experience with any car. I've drove a jeep, ford, hynduai, Porsche, Infiniti, Volkswagen, and dodge. They all even compare to the Mercedes S class. Another reason I love this car is because of the handling. The steering wheel moves easily but has a grip to it. You feel no bumps in this car and it feels as if the car drives itself. I'm 5'10" and I have a lot of leg room in the car. The only problem I've had from it is that it overheated once and completely ruined the computer of the car. Mercedes told me that it would be 8,000 dollars to fix which is a little pricey. Other than that the car is very reliable.

I'd buy it again
By Tom Thompson thompson

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S550 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

Very impressive vehicle all around. Good speed and torque while quite and smooth. Interior lighting is relaxing while cooled seats are comfortable in south Texas I also have an s63 that is basically the same but less comfortable and less smooth; however a lot faster

Beautiful car, classic luxury, great performance
By T Brown

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

Great automobile. However, in 2015/16, the lack of technology is apparent and disappointing.

Remarkable Flagship!
By Antony Cooke

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

If you get a good one that has been driven with care—rather than the reckless abandon that the car's performance encourages—it with give years of low-maintenance supreme comfort and safety. I have had mine for two years, with nothing but routine servicing; the time has been virtually trouble-free. No complaints at all. A caveat one should realize that, like all modern cars, the actual quality of materials and construction is not what Mercedes of old is famous for. They look good, and last for their expected lifetimes, but the beauty is entirely superficial. All modern cars will be on the scrap heap long before they could ever become "classics'" in the truest sense of the term, my S-500 included. Update: 2017—still running just as before. Faultless.