Used 2006 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S55 AMG Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used S-Class for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Simply Awesome!

tommy2skis, 06/08/2014

This is my 5th Mercedes S Class and my 12th Mercedes. I have owned my share of Bimmers, Porsches, Lincolns, Caddys, Land Rovers and other luxury rides and I keep coming back to a Benz. A several year old, low mile, S Class, is the best car buy on the planet. Who in their right mind would spend upwards of $75,000 for a Lexus, Infiniti, BMW, or any other NEW luxury ride, when you can purchase a well sorted and well maintained pre-owned S Class for under $35,000 with a comprehensive warranty? I have put over 175,000 miles on two S Class Benz's, without any significant expenses other than normal service. I just spent over $7,000 on my 4 year old Grand Cherokee with under 100K on the odometer.

My s 55 AMG ( sleeper) eats fast cars Dailey!

Brent Cale, 02/03/2017
S55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

After lots of research and back an forth with the buyer. I picked up my dream car. These car go for close to 100 thousand, I stole it for under 19,000. The test drive was out of this world,nothing better than gettin thrown in your seat when you hit the pedal. A smile will hit your face and stay on your face for quite some time. This car is such a delite to drive, you don't have to be that guy/girl who get stuck behind the slow guy doing the speed limit in the fast lane. You can kindly hit the pedal a pass him and signal to get in front of him or her.

First MB

TomB, 09/03/2010

The S55 AMG was the only MB car I would buy, it has everything I want, but there are some annoyances such as: 1)cooled seats are a joke 2)no touch screen NAV, current unit is out of date 3)dash gauges are boring/outdated 4)key fob remote is IR(short distance) and not radio waves, so I have to go to the driver's door in order to unlock it, then go to trunk to put items in. 5)need to find an independent mechanic, otherwise you will have a miserable time at OEM dealerships, and pay 2-3x more per repair. 6)no back up sensors as standard equip!!, This car is over engineered and exp.

OK Car

Dr. Yamini, 04/15/2006

Great engine and smooth ride by the overall chassis dynamics are very poor. The chassis and transmission can not keep pace with the engine.

Review of an S55 AMG

Bernard K, 07/24/2006

The car is very smooth and accelerates rapidly. At high speedon the highway, I could not hear the engine sound nor the wind outside. Comfortable and spacious. Takes sharp corners easily. I would recommend this car to any one looking for a luxurious ride and all around comfort!