Used 2013 Mercedes-Benz M-Class Consumer Reviews - 18 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Mercedes-Benz M-Class Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M-Class model:

302hp is Enough!
By JLD

2013 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Unless you're planning on running from John Law, 302hp is more than enough. In fact, I think it's a sweet spot. It has plenty of "get up and go" and yet it also has plenty of passing power. At first the seats feel a little hard, but, after 9 hours of traveling, they feel just fine. They are the best "all day" automobile seats that I have ever used. I love ML350's. We also have a 2012 ML350 BlueTEC. Great highway travel car.

Solid choice SUV with great engine
By Lee W

2013 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 BlueTEC 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

I purchased this vehicle used in 2015 and have put 60,000 miles on it since. The diesel engine is the best engine I've ever owned for an SUV. It has great acceleration, gets 27 mpg and will tow anything. The two objections are that it's expensive to maintain and the rear suspension is noisy.

2013 Blue Tec engine issues
By Miro

Great driving, instruments ergonomics and logically fits to me 100%. Was so happy with 27.3 miles/gallon in city. Get over 630 miles on highway easy.Have 63990 miles on. Service expensive but they change everything every time I went, so I hoped it would run forever with always new parts placed in. Rear break burned out; due to excellent engineering I replaced it myself in 15 seconds, bulb costs $.99. But then diesel engine seems to be deal killer. Leaking oil, damaging intake, $2,500 for repair, need to take engine out. 3 months later engine light announced blue urea heater failure, $2,200. Just to read an error on dealer's computer, plug it in computer - like I just want to know whats wrong - $ 150. My friend has S model with same diesel engine and he needs repair and maintenance for $7,000. My impression is that ML bluetec is a great car with excellent ergonomics and logical instrumentation, shift on steering column I love. But seems too expensive to maintain. I paid over $61,000 for new one, cant even tow anything. Mercedes puts small cooling units and if you want to tow ,conversion cooling kit is $4,400. Diesel was made with torque to tow, right? I am disappointed in the "Best or nothing", as it doesn't last no matter how perfectly you maintain it. Maybe is just my diesel engine choice. This is my first and last Mercedes. Im not that rich to pay for luxury service and frequent repairs where cheapest one is 2Gs. I am sure Mercedes has received bad feedback about turbo-diesels overkilled with emission internal devices, but they definitively let us know and asked premium price for engine that is to fail and shot down anytime.

A Wonderful Log Distance Tourer
By Bryant Davis

2013 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML550 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl Turbo 7A)

An everyday vehicle for accomplishing everyday tasks. If you decide to head out long distance, this vehicle will not wear you out for a 400 or 500 mile-a-day drive. Reliability is better than average compared to the other 100+ vehicles I have owned. The 405 HP engine is enough to keep you out of trouble or pull an RV trailer of some sort behind if you so desire. Also very generous leg room for rear passengers. Living in snow country in Idaho during the winter, this vehicle virtually can go anywhere in snow. It is an “E” Class in an SUV.

Its over... no more Benz
By No longer a Benz fan

2013 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML550 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl Turbo 7A)

Should any vehicle with 46K mi's on the odometer require a $4,500 repair bill for engine failure? I think not. Just 4 mo's out of new car warranty the engine had an internal oil leak that took out the engine control module, wiring harness and multiple sensors. This kind of failure shouldn't happen with any car with only 46K mi's on the odometer. Mercedes Benz offer zero remediation and only showed me the way out the door and pointed me to the Lexus dealership. Where they will build me a car worthy of my money.