2018 Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class Consumer Reviews - 9 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific GLE-Class model:

Value received for the price paid just isn't there
By W. Miller

2018 Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class AMG GLE 43 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 9A)

When you pay for what you expect to be the best, then you should get the best...in every area. Unfortunately, I have found out otherwise. I have owned many other vehicles, foreign and domestic, for at a far lesser cost, that put the Mercedes to shame. The navigation and Mercedes Me Apps are worthless, and nothing can be done to improve them.
Mercedes employees at dealerships can do nothing but agree with me. These are two functions on a vehicle that I use daily, so of course it turns me sour on the entire vehicle. I purchased two new 2018 Mercedes this year to the tune of $150,000 as retirement gifts for my wife and myself. How disappointing! Mercedes used to be top of the line...the cars everyone dreamed about. No longer!

Only the best....
By K. Wombacher

2018 Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class GLE 350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Needed a "four-season" car, will have to wait what winter will bring since I purchased vehicle in late Spring of 2018. Only complaint I have is the fuzzy navigation system. All in all, Ilike the car and am happy with my purchase. The interior is very nice and comfortable. Would buy it again.

great car for a 25yr run
By SusanO

2018 Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class GLE 550e 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo gas/electric hybrid 7A)

buy the car and keep it .

Comfortable car
By Pat warren

2018 Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class GLE 350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

My 4th Mercedes. Love this car...easy to get used to new features. Have navigation but using Apple Car Play.

Moving to Luxury
By Jon

2018 Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class GLE 350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I have personally driven Toyota 4-Runners for 20+ years. I finally decided I wanted something a little more upscale with an emphasis on comfort. It rides like a dream and the ability to select between driving and riding modes is fun and reasonable. I pretty much stay in comfort mode but get inclined at times to switch to sport mode when I want to connect to the road.
Apple CarPlay and Surround View Cameras add to the versatility and convenience of this great vehicle. I have an advanced degree (as my wife says “over-educated) I love all the electronic and vehicle gizmo’s and gadgets. They make this vehicle safer, interesting and down right fun.
I got mine in Lunar Blue with the two-tone expresso interior. It stands out from the usual black, white and silver ones that represent 80% of the ones I see. At this price point I get the colors I want, not what are in the lot. My wife did the same thing with her red GLK.
Bottom line: Could not be happier my last 4-Runner was traded in after 11 years and 225,000 miles. After 5,000 miles I think I might try for another 11 year adventure.