Used 2012 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Consumer Reviews - 24 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

Best all around convertible
By Cheryl

2012 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Year after year, the Mercedes E Class is the benchmark for the best all around convertible. Great prestige, performance, reliability, comfort, and room for 4 Adults. I’ve also got a 25 year old E320 like Tom Cruise drove in The Firm, which is a car you can keep for a lifetime. You can spend less for much less car and much more money for greater performance and prestige, but this car has a balance, which makes it the best all around full size convertible for the price.

Great car
By Tom

2012 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Reliable, comfortable, fast, safe, logical and beautiful car...

If there is a more expensive POC I want to hear
By Steve Smith

2012 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 Sport BlueTEC 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

The non leather MB faux seats all tear. ( cushion is $1000.00) there is an oil leak that happens to all of them from 50,000 lies to 80,000. Cost me 2700.00 then another less common one I guess that was 900.00. I got all my service work at dealer. I paid 60,000 dollars for it in 2012 and I'm told my wholesale value is 13795.00. Omg I should have bought another Lexus . I have never had an issue with Lexus.

Great luxury can that also handles well
By Nat

2012 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 Luxury 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This isn't a BMW Ultimate driving machine. Once you get past that and recognize that the M-B and BMW have different missions, each can be judged on its own merits.

I was once a BMW guy. 3 series, 5 series, all great drivers cars. The 5, an E39, was also a supremely comfortable car as well. But all that was a while ago, and I just want to be really comfortable, and in a car that handles well (I'm not going to track the car). Given that portfolio, the E350 does quite well. The engine is smooth and powerful. The transmission is very smooth and the steering, while not the most tactile (uh, neither is a 5 series' anymore), is competent. The car is quiet and rides well.

Lots of controls which could be daunting but I figured everything out by 2nd day I had the car. Surprisingly, I get better highway MPG than I do on my other car, a 2009 Honda Accord V6. navi has not sent me he wrong way yet, Bluetooth works well, and music register is a hoot. Back seat is very roomy. Gauges are clear and easy to read. MB-Tex is a convincing simulation. Audio system is good.

Cons? Seat bolster are fairly aggressive- but that's been my experience with 4 other German cars I've previously owned. Controls are generally firmer than on a Honda- but that's just a matter of getting used to things. As is the location of he cruise control stalk vs. the turn signal stalk.

Looking forward to 100,000 more miles.

First Mercedes after retirement.
By Joseph Peters

2012 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E550 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (4.7L 8cyl Turbo 7A)

Definitely check resale value before buying. Come prepared to negotiate. Managed to get a car valued at $41,000 retail for $32,000.