Used 2009 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Consumer Reviews

$13,477

Used CLS-Class for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Impressive CLS550C

Mike, 02/01/2016
CLS550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

Making sure they can get in and out without straining to hit their heads! Otherwise, once in the car, it's very comfortable. Bucket seats in front and rear! Very smooth and powerful. Great car and super looking! AMG Sport Package! Great! Little problems at 66,000 miles.

Perfect!

twistercell, 01/09/2013

What a great car! Avg of 3.8 sec for 0-60. Most other drives don't expect a car of this size to be so fast. Great look, great drive. Gas milage seems to be around 16-19 for average driving. Breaks are awesome! But expect to pay to replace them, not cheap. Your head hurts if you slam on the breaks.... it stops that quickly!

Fun to drive sports sedan

lion_king, 01/31/2009
CLS550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

Before I chose my 2009 CLS-550 with AMG package, I test drove a 2009 Jaguar XF. XF is a nice looking car but the 1st minute I got into CLS-550, I knew that this is the one. CLS-550 has superior interior design, very comfort ride (both locally and on highway), its eyes-catching exterior makes CLS-550 no comparison in its class. Fun to drive.

Update: True Exotic Mercedes Benz AMG

D. Waters, 04/06/2009

As an update, the fuel economy has averaged now around 19 mpg, which has now fully satisfied me. Also, the multi-contour air pressured seats are so comfortable that I no longer feel a need for automatic message seats. We decided to personally test the acceleration time for our car, and it ended up around 0 - 60 mph in 3.8 seconds, which is pretty close to what the dealer said it was.

Awesome

amayer, 10/07/2008

This vehicle not only looks great, but drives as good as it looks as well! I never expected this car to drive so well. For a sports car, it drives better than any other car in its category.

Slick-looking luxury, fun and safety

Charles Sutnick, 11/20/2008

My 2009 CLS550 is a step down from my 2007 S550. But not by much. Same engine, same transmission, same COMAND system functions, same Harmon- Kardon logic 7 sound system (2 fewer speakers than the S550). Superb performance which you can customize six different ways" choice of Sport or Comfort transmission shifting, coupled with Comfort, Sport 1, or Sport 2 suspension and body control. You can also downshift the 7-speed transmission using the gear shift knob if you want. Navigation improvements for '09 include gasoline brand logos instead of the old pump logo. The iPod interface is now standard, The LED rear turn signals are eye catching. Rear headroom stinks.

Not too Happy

Richard, 11/03/2016
CLS550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

Lights damage too easily and cost too much to replace. Rear window screen breaks easily. Most instruments on the vehicles are very weak and breaks too often. The car looks very good but not sturdy enough for everyday use.

Fun to Drive

John, 07/25/2017
CLS550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I bought mine used with 39,469 miles on it I have had it three years now. I love the performance of this vehicle, the transmission is smooth I never feel it shift just the constant increase in power and speed. This is a great "empty nester" sedan with four doors for when the kids come home from college, while the front door are great for a low profile vehicle the back doors are just painful enough to make them stay in school and finish their degree. Interior is a perfect touring auto comfortable with easy to reach controls, this is a long range automobile, as long as you don't bring 2 sets of golf clubs.

The True Exotic Mercedes Benz AMG

D. Waters, 01/01/2009

We bought a CLS 63 AMG Mystic White Designo Performance Plus, and my goodness what a car! We were originally going to get a Bentley Continental Flying Spur, but we chose to get this car. That was the best choice we ever made when it comes to a car. The interior of the CLS 63 AMG designo is far superior to the Bentley. I love the performance of this car! This car has around 568 horsepower, more than the standard CLS 63 AMG. I love the exclusitivity! There are only 3 in California and 1 in Utah. The acceleration is around 3.9 seconds to go 0-60 mph. This car gets so much attention, too! All in all, this car is an exotic

Best looking car on the road and more

go-n-fly, 11/05/2009

Such a great looking car. Can only imagine what the CLS63 must be like. Somehow I'm getting 22-24 MPG on the highway. Both good and bad, it feels like a luxury car and not a sportscar.

51050