Used 2016 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Reviews - 25 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Great underappreciated car
By P Poway

2016 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C 450 AMG 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 7A)

The C450 AMG is well built, and once i switched to Bridgestone Potenza S001 tires, an incredible handling car. The seats are both comfortable and hold you in place with great side supports. In Sport+ mode, the car becomes a hooligan mobile, keeping the revs in the upper part of the range. In economy on the highway, I was able to get 24 - 28 mpg at 80 mph. For a four door sedan, it is one of the most fun vehicles on the road, while being comfortable.

Best Luxury Car YET!
By Realtor1984

2016 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C 300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7A)

I have owned almost every luxury car that comes to mind.. Lincoln, Lexus,Cadillac, all except BMW (test drove multiple times) the Merc just has got it going on! I am a fast paced Realtor and I drive ALOT, if you want a car that is comfortable, reliable, looks great and is soooo very user friendly then this is the car for you!! Luxury, Sporty, so comfortable and so fun to drive, voice Navigation is a life saver :)

I miss my S4
By Ryan

2016 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C 450 AMG 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 7A)

This car is buttoned down, solid, all the usual MB adjectives. However, the 7-speed auto transmission is slow to shift in all but S+ mode and the turbo lag is aggravating. Thus, this car feels underpowered vs. its numbers. The Burmeister upgrade isn’t worth it. Doesn’t sound great. Even new MB windshield wipers squeak and sputter on the glass unless it’s pouring. The auto stop/start function is intrusive and sucks vs my wife’s 2016 XC90. Acceleration is good at speed but there’s no feeling of urgency or “fun” because it’s so buttoned down. It’s a fine car all around but I bring these issues up because my 2013 S4 was a great car that performed with some thrill while all of the seemingly minor mechanical functions performed flawlessly. My saving grace? I purchased the car as a CPO with 1000 miles on it. Payed a fair price and got the 100,000 mile warranty.

16000 miles of fun
By Bimmerland

2016 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C 300 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7A)

Had mine built from the factory on May 2015. With 16000 miles on it I have 70% tread life and 80% brake pad life. Not one issue since new. Been on some of the roughest roads in PA and NY and it tracks like an arrow. Not one software glitch. I've read some very negative reviews and either they got a used car or wasn't taking proper care. These cars will last a lifetime if properly taken care of. To keep a comfortable ride I stayed with the 17" wheels knowing I would be using run flats. Many hours of fun ahead.

Amazing car but HORRIBLE rims and tires
By Stephen Gates

2016 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C 450 AMG 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 7A)

I LOVE the way this car drives but the quality of the wheels and tires are something you would expect from a Yugo as I've had to replace 10 rims and 6 tires in 2 years. The car drives like a beast and I love driving it every day. The interior is comportable with high quality materials though their entertainment technology could use some updating. THE WORST thing about this car by far is the quality of the wheels and tires. I have owned this car two two years and it has been in the shop every 6 weeks of less because one of the rims has cracked or one of the tired has gone bad or had a blow out. These rims are $1500 a piece so why in the world they crack from normal driving, not hitting pot holes or doing anything even slightly rough, is absolutely insane. On a regular basis I get in the car in the morning to find the tire pressure light on and have to take it back to the dealership to get it fixed. The only saving grace is that I have the wheel and tire insureance on the car but will probably sell the car when that expires because the cost just won't be worth it. When the rims don't crack then the run flat ties keep getting 'bubbles' which cause them to go flat or even worse blow out the side wall when you are driving. Again for $300 a tires I would think they would last longer than 3 months before having to get replaced again. The worst part is that Mercedes has known about this problem for years since it happens on all their C and E class cars yet they don't fix it. I love the car but this problem is going to drive me to find a different brand when the warranty expires on this one.