Used 2016 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Reviews - 23 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

I miss my S4
By Ryan

2016 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C 450 AMG 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 7A)

This car is buttoned down, solid, all the usual MB adjectives. However, the 7-speed auto transmission is slow to shift in all but S+ mode and the turbo lag is aggravating. Thus, this car feels underpowered vs. its numbers. The Burmeister upgrade isn’t worth it. Doesn’t sound great. Even new MB windshield wipers squeak and sputter on the glass unless it’s pouring. The auto stop/start function is intrusive and sucks vs my wife’s 2016 XC90. Acceleration is good at speed but there’s no feeling of urgency or “fun” because it’s so buttoned down. It’s a fine car all around but I bring these issues up because my 2013 S4 was a great car that performed with some thrill while all of the seemingly minor mechanical functions performed flawlessly. My saving grace? I purchased the car as a CPO with 1000 miles on it. Payed a fair price and got the 100,000 mile warranty.

16000 miles of fun
By Bimmerland

2016 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C 300 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7A)

Had mine built from the factory on May 2015. With 16000 miles on it I have 70% tread life and 80% brake pad life. Not one issue since new. Been on some of the roughest roads in PA and NY and it tracks like an arrow. Not one software glitch. I've read some very negative reviews and either they got a used car or wasn't taking proper care. These cars will last a lifetime if properly taken care of. To keep a comfortable ride I stayed with the 17" wheels knowing I would be using run flats. Many hours of fun ahead.

Amazing car but HORRIBLE rims and tires
By Stephen Gates

2016 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C 450 AMG 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 7A)

I LOVE the way this car drives but the quality of the wheels and tires are something you would expect from a Yugo as I've had to replace 10 rims and 6 tires in 2 years. The car drives like a beast and I love driving it every day. The interior is comportable with high quality materials though their entertainment technology could use some updating. THE WORST thing about this car by far is the quality of the wheels and tires. I have owned this car two two years and it has been in the shop every 6 weeks of less because one of the rims has cracked or one of the tired has gone bad or had a blow out. These rims are $1500 a piece so why in the world they crack from normal driving, not hitting pot holes or doing anything even slightly rough, is absolutely insane. On a regular basis I get in the car in the morning to find the tire pressure light on and have to take it back to the dealership to get it fixed. The only saving grace is that I have the wheel and tire insureance on the car but will probably sell the car when that expires because the cost just won't be worth it. When the rims don't crack then the run flat ties keep getting 'bubbles' which cause them to go flat or even worse blow out the side wall when you are driving. Again for $300 a tires I would think they would last longer than 3 months before having to get replaced again. The worst part is that Mercedes has known about this problem for years since it happens on all their C and E class cars yet they don't fix it. I love the car but this problem is going to drive me to find a different brand when the warranty expires on this one.

Still Love It!!
By Nidal

2016 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C 300 Luxury 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7A)

This car is fun to drive, plenty pep, gives me an average of 27 mpg in mixed driving. The ride is good on smooth surfaces, gets choppy on rough surfaces. Bottom line, I'm very pleased with my decision to purchase the C300 sedan

Happy every time I drive it
By Russell

2016 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C 300 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7A)

A perfect balance — favors luxury / comfort, but handles well. I keep discovering touches that are just done right, additional conveniences. "Exceeds expectations" as HR would say. My last car was a Lexus GS430. This is almost as quick but much better mileage, more luxurious inside and of course more modern gadgets. Of course I always want faster acceleration *and* better mileage; the C300 is a great balance and competitive with other modern cars. I got the Airmatic and love the controlled but compliant ride — the adjustment from comfort to sport is noticeable but not huge; can't say how it compares to the steel suspension. Distronic is fabulous — would never again buy a car without this feature. Lane Keeping Assist is a far cry from "auto steer" (it's called "assist" for a reason). But in stop-and-go traffic these two systems work together and follow the car in front almost perfectly, hugely reducing the stress level of those situations. I wanted something smaller than the GS but with the same room for me (6'5", 175 lbs), and the C300 delivers. The seats and driving positions are great (no sunroof — didn't want to give up that extra inch of headroom). I test drove against current GS, BMW 3 and 4, and Infiniti Q50. The C300 was the hands-down winner for me, and I have no complaints. Buying was also painless — I configured a build here at Edmunds, emailed the result and "True Market Value" to MB San Jose (now part of Auto Nation), and they ordered it for me. No hassles, everything done as promised. My biggest reservations were based on having owned an SLK 250 — which was a super fun top-down cruiser but had a lot of drawbacks as daily transportation — seat comfort for long trips, highway noise, turbo lag + low seat / long hood / quick steering made it hard to drive on narrow roads with confidence. The C300 has none of these problems: more predictable handling, better seating position for both winding roads and interstate cruising, almost no turbo lag (which together with the excellent transmission programming means I never miss the traditional shift lever or need the shift paddles — they're a nice toy). And more refined COMAND. I keep finding details: the fact that the trunk hinges have their own pockets so they don't crush cargo. And the folding box that stows under the trunk floor. Etc. I love this car. I've owned Audi, Volvo, Ford SHO, MB, and Lexus and was pretty happy with all of them, but this is by far my favorite car.