Used 2013 Mazda CX-9 Consumer Reviews

Used CX-9 for Sale
Select your model:
12345...6

Pros
Cons

Car is 5 years old and still love this car

abrandvo, 11/02/2013
Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I have had this car for 5 years now and am still so glad I made the decision to go with the CX-9 rather than Toyota Highlander. The car still looks and rides like new. I have been diligent about scheduled maintenance but that is all that has been needed as far as repairs. The car has been extremely reliable with only 2 very minor recall notices that the dealer took care of immediately and gave me a loaner to use while they had the car for a few hours. I still love the ride and feel of this crossover compared to others I test drove and friend's cars I have ridden in. It accelerates and handles more like a sports car than an SUV. It corners well and I love the blind spot monitoring for changing lanes and the mirror tilt when in reverse for parallel parking. The technology is great and enhances safety and driving enjoyment with the ability to pair my phone, tablet, etc for calls, texts and music. Mazda has made improvements on MPG added even more safety and technology to the new CX-9 including a more luxurious and upgraded interior , but the way this car is holding up I will likely be keeping it for a few more years.

Excellent Vehicle to drive

jmorana, 07/22/2013

The Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring that I recently bought is awesome. Nice feeling when you drive it, superior technology package, comfort and have 7 seats!!! . Thanks to George Dupuy who took the time to show this excellent vehicle to my wife with all the details. The test drive was a great experience to make the final decision to buy this car.

Bad transmission / torq. conv. & NHTSA: Bad brakes

atom88, 03/23/2016
Sport 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

We have a 2013 CX-9. Since we've owned it the torque converter and new transmission were completely faulty and replaced, the brake booster, lower control arms (and now front ball joint). The brake booster problem has existed on other Mazda vehicles dating back to 2003 (over 10 years). in 2012 Government investigated problems of leaking master brake cynlinders of 2008 Mazda CX-9. NHTSA already investigated the 2010-2011 CX-9's and Mazda "extended the warranty" on those vehicles. What about the 2013 CX-9's? Why was the problem not yet remedied on the 2013? I have COMPLETELY lost confidence in the Mazda brand: brakes, transmission and steering. It's a great vehicle, but what good is a vehicle if you cannot stop or steer or have power to the transmission? Safety should be FIRST priority and MAZDA has failed miserably with these issues (especially brakes). The brake booster was supposedly "fixed" under warranty, The next day the orange wrench mechanic light illuminated on the dashboard and cruise control broke. It turns out the brake booster was still faulty. We took it back and they have supposedly "fixed it this time". This is the 3rd major repair of this vehicle and it is now less than 3 years old! I do not think I would buy another Mazda again.

Class on a dime

Bethany P, 09/27/2017
Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

This is my third Mazda I've owned and won't buy anything else. I love Mazda for its dependability and class.

My 2nd CX-9

brantw, 08/19/2014

I previously had a 2009 model I put 92,000 miles on and was happy. This new model (2013) not so much. The sheet metal seems thinner as the car easily picks up dings and dents. The front brakes are pulsating and I do not drive the car hard. The transmission constantly downshifts as soon as I tap the brakes and this is irritating. The car sometimes clunks into gear when shifting from park to drive. Finally, the central locking system is not intuitive. I park in the garage and leave the keys in the vehicle. On several occasions the car has mysteriously locked itself. Thankfully I have a spare key in the house. Still a decent car but would not buy again.

12345...6