2018 Mazda CX-5 Consumer Reviews - 36 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Mazda CX-5 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-5 model:

Great mid-sized suv
By GMT

2018 Mazda CX-5 Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Compare to Hyundai, Kia, and Fix Terrain. Much more for the money. I put on a Mazda roof rack which dresses up the vehicle sigbicantly( cost around $400).

Great car for the money!
By L.S.

2018 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I really love my car and compliments all the time! I bought the CX-5 because I did not want to own a bland vehicle, but wanted the space and height of an SUV. I found the CX-5 to be the best for its money, and most attractive for it's class (non-luxury SUV). I have enjoyed everything about my CX-5 so far, except having to get an update to the electronics for it to properly load my contacts. I also required a re-alignment a few weeks in because of some pot holes.

Great SUV!
By Ferdinand

2018 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This SUV drives and feels like a luxury car. It doesn't have a V6 but the 4 cylinder engine responds well enough for the car. Very impressed with the fit and finish.

Smooth Car Buying Experience!
By Shakir Rahman

2018 Mazda CX-5 Touring 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

My wife and I decided on it's time to buy a SUV, after researching for couple of months on all the brands and going to multiple dealerships we've narrowed our list down to 2018 Mazda CX-5. Then after talking to several Mazda dealerships all over Houston Area, Russell & Smith Mazda was the best in class. They offer great incentives at the dealership as far as maintenance is concerned, one of the top dealerships that offers extra value after you buy your vehicle. I actually talked to a lot of great sales rep at each dealership but something about Russel and Smith made us feel at ease. On August 28th, 2018, we decided to take the leap and Gilton Huggett was our primary contact and he's been outstanding every step of the way. Extremely knowledgeable and able to answer all our questions. This was the smoothest car buying experience we've ever had. Price was negotiated up front before we even came into the dealership, no hidden fees or hassle once at the dealership, really put us at ease. I kept waiting for a catch, but there was none. We were provided excellent customer service from both Gilton Huggett and Jad Jibin from the moment we walked in, we were explained everything and test drove the vehicle we were interested in. Then how the vehicle works after purchasing it. The CX-5 is phenomenal, i'm super satisfied with the purchase! Not only does it look amazing, the plethora of features and drive is unreal. Gilton answered all our questions and provided phenomenal customer service from the start to end. Even after buying the vehicle, Gilton was still answering all our questions and giving us tips and tricks. I love how the excellent customer service doesn't end with you leaving the door. Finance department was great, no hidden fees and catches. This was a super smooth car buying experience. I'm going to recommend Russell & Smith Mazda to all my friends and family. I'll definitely do business again with them that's for sure.

Just a few things
By David Brown

2018 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

There are a few things that would make it better: The cargo net needs to be hooked vertically and not horizontal. Most other makers have this as a pouch you can store stuff in as well. I would make the side mirrors electrical retracting. The glass appears to be thin or not as good of quality as it gets hot in the car even when the AC is on 70. The heat hits you right in the. Hands and steering wheel.