Used 2004 Mazda 3 Sedan Consumer Reviews

Used 3 for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...9

Pros
Cons

2.3L Engine Prone to Failure

mazdaharp, 09/07/2013
s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned this car since day one. It is 9-1/2 years old and 103,000 miles on it. I've done all scheduled maintenance at the dealer. I've had a problem for a few years where this car has been chewing through oil but no one could out where it was going (no leaks, no visible burning, no blown head gasket). I'm adding about a quart every 750 miles. Insane. I finally took it to another dealer with a better service department when the first failed to identify the problem. The piston rings have failed. The only solution... a new engine for $7,200. The more research I do, the more I see this is a common problem but Mazda is refusing to acknowledge it.

Love this car but beware

djshame, 04/23/2013
s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car since it had 6 miles on it. The only issues i had in the begining was a belt that broke and ignition coils. This car is very fun to drive. However be aware that after 100k the engine starts to burn oil. I wasn't aware of this and didn't feel the need to check my oil on the regular. Hence i now need a new motor. Just a word of advice check your oil levels regularly at least once a week when you go over 100k in miles. Enjoy zoomzoom. Hence i bought a 2013 MSP3. love my Mazda's....

Great car until the warranty runs out

Barry Rodriguez, 03/28/2015
s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my 3 since Dcember of 2003. In 11 years i've put 70,000 miles on it. I've maintained meticulous records of all the service visits and have used only genuine mazda replacement parts. This past year my car has begun to ask for parts. First the tranny started to lock up in 3rd. replaced the speed sensor and ECU. worked fine until last month, now they say i have to replace the tranny all together. She also started to leak gas when filled. Mazda claims it's the pump. research on the net recomend replacement of just the pump cap the are prone to crack. BIG difference i price. Dealer also claims my power stearing hoses are bad and my oul filter is bad. my car has never leaked a drrop .

2004 Mazda 2.3 Sedan

duderino66, 01/12/2012
s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2004 mazda3 used in 2006 with about 30k miles. Water pump died at 60k, alternator fried at 80k. Transmission crumped at 120k (ouch!). Fun to drive, surprisingly smooth on the highway for a 4-cylinder, and a good looking car inside and out. I'd buy another one, but probably opt for a 5-speed next time.

Best Car I've ever owned

r85david, 09/26/2013
s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my Mazda 3 2.3 Automatic since 2006 at 14,000 miles. It actually has a rebuilt title so it was cheap. I now have 162,000 miles on it!!! original engine, transmission, ETC. Only have done regular maintenance mostly myself. changed oil to synthetic when purchased, change every 5,000 miles. Still running like a Champ! I will drive this car until the wheels literally fall off!! This is also the base model, roll down windows, no cruise control, manual seats ETC, may have something to do with not having any electrical issues at all.

Real Zoom Zoom Car

bks, 11/04/2015
i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought a Canadian Version Debut 2004 In Seattle. Very Peppy. Felt like driving a BMW or something no way like an Average Corolla or Sentra or a Civic. Bought it at 7 years old in 2011 with 116K Kms or 70 K miles approximately. Power steering hose was leaking. Mechanic could not find the spares from Ford. Went on and finally locked up in the middle of lane change. stalled. Replaced a Original OEM PS Pump for 1250. No problems after that. Never changed the Michelin Tires from costco that previous owner had. Struggles while climbing steep uphill. Pickup is awesome, can easily challenge a Dodge or BMW. Interiors are great that money can buy. stereo is superior .

2004 Mazda 2.3s sedan

Krzysztof K, 08/31/2008
s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought her from private in March 2007 at 36,000 miles. Now - August 2008 she has 53,000 miles. Average 24.31 MPG - 60% city/ 40% highway (I have heavy foot). 32 MPG highway at A/C and 70-85 MPH speed. 250 miles at the city per full tank. One of the best purchases what I did. Fun to drive, good acceleration, excellent handle, short turning circle, very good brakes, finish internal very well and nice outline too - that's what I like. ** CEL appeared after I filled premium fuel, so I use regular. 100% satisfied and highly recommended.

Love my car but BEWARE

sydneycmiller, 11/26/2012
i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My car is the plain Jane type but it was still love at first sight. I bought it used and had trouble with the second day I had it. It's automatic and it would stall at every light or stop sign I hit. Mechanics suggested it was a faulty computer. Mazda told me unless I could prove it, it wouldn't be covered. Reset the computer and it seemed to be fine until I hit 133k kms. Then the transmisson blew. So now I'm stuck with a $2500 bill, AGAIN. I guess I got a lemon but most resellers don't even want to consider selling these transmissions anymore because they continue to come back on a regular basis. Also, the CD plyr is faulty and hates most CDS, old or new.

Fun ride, but beware of problems.

Brad Benton, 02/19/2015
s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my car 3.5 years ago at 47,000 miles and now have 95,000 and am looking for a new car. This was a fun car, but had issues throughout the 3 years of ownership. Check engine lights galore, door locks not unlocking with remote/interior unlock button (had to manually unlock each door, got annoying after 1.5 years of them not working and incompetent dealer service department not fixing), 4 headlights replaced, fuel pump broke pouring gas I just bought all over the ground, and most recently my drivers window will not work. Auto trans shifts rough into 2nd. Its a shame because the car is fun to drive on the highway/down country roads, the car is nice and tight, drives like its on rails.

2 year long term test.. 60000 km! 5 speed

doomz78, 11/21/2006
s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

After having this car for over 2 years and driving it quite a bit (60000km, about 32,000 miles) I have the dirt on this econo-machine: 1) I have had no mechanical problems. 2) The steering and suspension are as tight and as precise as the day I bought it. You almost take it for granted until you drive a different vehicle. Then you realize: Wow this Mazda 3 really handles! 0.87g's on the skidpad. R U kidding? At this price? 3) I have the 2.0 engine, MT, It has more power then anyone really needs. I drive 140kmh (85mph) every day on the 401 highway and no complaints. Fuel economy is average. 520km per tank. I drive it hard which doesn't help the numbers. 4) So far so good!

Worst car I've ever owned

fubo, 01/03/2011
s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

A piece of junk. Rust began to show all over a couple of years. All of the door jams and quarter panels near the wheels are rusted. Two years ago I had to have all 4 rims replaced because they were corroded. Luckily they were replaced under warranty. I asked Mazda for help this time around since the rust began to show when it was still under warranty but they refused, even though the dealership and the regional mgr for Mazda were "shocked" when they saw the rust and agreed this should not happen to a 4-5 year old car. I've had a Ford and a Jeep, sold it after more than 10 years with no rust. Heat? Very weak. AC? At first I thought it broke down. Took it in, they said it's normal.

What a piece of ^%$^%$^&%!

stissenko, 06/16/2010
s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have a 2.3 AT version with currently 83K on it. TO begin is I should say it is the WORST car I have ever had (and I have owned quite a few). I have recently changed: all 4 shocks , bar links, rotors, caliper, leaking radiator, engine mount, heat shield, had to fix exhaust pipe! Unfortunately, it didn't solve all problems: I keep adjusting the breaks (obviously, I do not count new pads, since it is a maintenance), but the noise is still there. Right caliper is about to have to be changed (I am selling the car prior to that). I guess I am really tired of having the car at the shop ALL THE TIME, trying to understand what's wrong with it. If you want a car: DO NOT BUY!

Awe-some

Awe-some, 01/19/2010
s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great car for budget-minded car enthusiasts. Fun to drive, good performance for the price. It's not a Bimmer or an Audi but it's also not in the same price range. Overall, it's a very good balance between price, performance, comfort and reliability, still convinced after more than 85K miles driving up and down both coasts. I would recommend the 2.3L as it's more zippy even with higher fuel consumption and the manual as it will allow better management of fuel economy for every day commute. If you take good care of it: don't park it outside, all scheduled maintenance, put good rubber on it, it will love you back 1000-fold.

Somewhat Satisfied

jacobsmommy17, 12/23/2010
s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Overall a fun car to drive there are just some annoying things. The seats aren't too comfortable, the brakes squeal even after being replaced, the transmission shifts hard into second. Recently when slowing down, as the car is downshifting, it misses 2nd gear. When the trunk is popped it doesn't raise itself, and I think there is something wrong with the spring. Also, I have a 6 month old, and it is hard to get him in and out of the car. The doors don't open wide enough either.

The newest Zoom Zoom

romasuave, 01/20/2004
i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this model 2 weeks ago and I love it. I couldn't believe how affordable this was to purchase seeing how much I get for my money. For around 17k (Tax and title included) I got a 2.0L 144 HP 5 SP manual with power eevrything and 16" alloy wheels. Having driven a 95 Nissan 200 SX I could see a huge improvement. Very fun to drive, fuel efficient, nicely designed inside and out and packs quite a powerful engine. A definite must buy.

One Awesome

bbrentl, 02/09/2004
s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Wow, what a nice vehicle! Excellant handling, ride, comfort and awesome performance. This "Sport compact" is way above anything on the market today. It's built quality is right up with any european make! The fit and finish is nearly perfect in every way. 16-valve engine with Variable Valve Timing is great! Very smooth and responsive. And the Sport shift trans. is a kick to drive. The car has available features other cars don't even offer: DVD Navigation; Xenon's; etc. This is one SWEET driving sport compact, period!!!!!!!

Well it's been 16 months & 7000 miles

john brown, 03/27/2006
s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Well it's been 16 months and 7000 miles since I bought my Mazda 3s and the car is just as firm and tight as the day I drove it home for the first time, no rattles and vibrations (which I hate in a car). The steering and handling is just as superb, the brakes are just as good, the 5 speed manual (would never think of buying this car in automatic) is just as precise and sweet. I have even come to love the Goodyear RSA Eagles that everyone hate so much; excellent feedback to the driver from these tires, excellent cornering and braking, just go light at the start of a rain or they will spin. This is one awesome car that Mazda should be proud of making. Excellent driving machine.

Some Car Award Givers missed it entirely

Mazda3s wins, 05/19/2006
s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Before buying this vehicle, researched cars for 4 months. There weren't any true sports sedans I could afford. This is one. In two years, the car has been on numerous long trips with some around town driving. Performance is extraordinary and comfort way above average for this price class. My only complaint is some road noise; however this was cured with Ziebart sound deadener and some more carpet in the trunk. After two years of "test drive", it wins on all accounts. It looks like Mazda has fixed some of my suggestions for '06.

Not as girlie girl as I'd like.....

zoomzoomhappy, 06/07/2006
s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my Mazda3. The only thing(s) I don't like is the visors are really "cheap." They have no light either for night time touch-ups. We chose the leather interior because it is SO much more comfortable than their cloth option. I have to say that the only problem I've had is recently I couldn't open my driver's side door. My husband was able to fix it easily without having to bring it in, but other than that it's the best buy/best car I've ever owned. The only reason I need to upgrade is we are going to have another kid. Back seat is not big enough for 2 car seats. We are so happy with Mazda that we might go with the new CX-7. I always get Q's, and highly recommend!

GREAT CAR

mbreed8813, 03/24/2004
i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The Mazda 3i is a great car. We test drove the Civic, the Focus, and the Sentra ... the 3 was by far the better of these choices. It drove better, rode better, had better pick up, and better features ... all for less money than the others comparably equiped. The 5 speed is a must ... this makes the car the ultimate in zoom-zoom!

Fun to Drive

bp902, 04/23/2004
i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

So far this has been a great little car. It has more than respectable "get up and go" for a vehicle in this price range. It handles better than expected. Having owned other vehicles in this class I must applaud Mazda for there investment into the product. This is not your entry level car by any stretch. Overall I give this an "A".

Better than Corolla

kenstewart, 05/18/2004
i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Just bought it after comparing with Corolla and Civic ... hands down winner! Corolla has the infamous Toyota reliability but it felt cheap compared to the 3. It's stick felt weak as well as the handling. Jump into the 3 and you have tight suspension, great stick, and overall a much more robust feel. Nice looks all around. I was a previous Civic owner and loved the car, but again the 3 blows the doors off it as well. With dealer incentive, I actually bought it for almost $200 below invoice.

first year model problems

mmsld, 11/24/2004
i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The car is nice to look at and very comfortable but it has typical first year quality problems. My suggestion is to wait until 2006 to buy one. The mechanical issues are too numerous on the 2004 and it is annoying to be continually running to the dealership for various mechanical failures.

What a great little car!

golfprof76, 09/04/2006
i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car just before a Georgia ice storm in Feb of 05, and I have to say that it is a great car on ice! I haven't had a single problem with the engine, electronics or any other mechanical aspects of the car. I have only done routine stuff on it, plus whipped on a new set of Cooper tires (opt for anything but Toyo Tires, they are horrible). Tiptronic shifting is fun especially when trying to pass, just pop it into 3rd and you're off. Should have gotten a manual. Trunk space is however a let down, my stand bag fits at an angle and I can't even get my staff bag in at all.

Worst car I've ever owned

yagdoogie, 03/16/2012
i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Replaced the transmission. Twice. Motor "clicks," my mechanic thought it was going to throw a rod. Six months later, still clicking. Front end needed to be rebuilt at 102k. Roughest running four-cylinder I've ever seen. Dealer said that's a characteristic of the motor. Hunh.

Problems at 2000mi one week for an appt

Nomoremazdas, 10/06/2004
s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I got my car in March 2004 and loved it. Fun to drive. Just yesterday the trouble started. The check engine light came on. I called to get an appointment at the nearest dealership, 15 miles away. Their next appt was 6 days from now. I wrote to Mazda to complain and their response was to try another dealer. If I chose to not go to another dealer at least 30 minutes away, that is my choice. I was just floored by their lack of concern. If I had read the forums here on Edmunds on Mazda customer service instead of just the glowing reviews here I might have made a better choice. Read them for yourselves.

Awesome so far...

dechy, 02/03/2006
s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my Mazda3 for about a year and a half and have not had any problems as at all. The ride and handling are awesome. I test drove the Civic, Corolla, Ion and Focus and hands down, the Mazda 3 was an easy winner.

Great Car, Zoom, Zoom

NeilTheWheel, 07/28/2004
s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The most fun car to drive of all we have owned. The Navigation system really adds independence to our driving.

zoom zoom

wheeleam, 09/03/2004
s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great car! I love it! It is comfortable and fun to drive. It also has a lot of great features.

Quality Compact

european sensibility, 09/24/2004
i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My search for a new compact lead me to two cars in the end. Both the VW Golf TDI and the Mazda 3i had features that attested to their quality build. They both handled the road nimbly and had adjustable seats/steering columns which were important for my short wife. The Golf TDI is a stylish car that gets great milage but its reliability seemed questionable after reading all of the reviews. The Mazda 3i seemed to be a little more reliable in the long run. In terms of fuel economy, nothing can beat the TDI's 49mpg, but when you consider all the smog that it produces, Mazda's clean burning engine is much more environmentally friendly.

Fun to drive and WOW the power !!

dep292, 10/06/2004
s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is my fourth Mazda so it goes without saying that I enjoy the reliability of them. This; however, is the most fun car I've ever driven, ok so it's tied with my RX7. The sport package (2.3) is worth the extra money and the look of this car gets really turns heads.

Great little car

brett65, 10/04/2004
s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've had the car for a little over a week so I can't really rate the reliability, but this is a great little car to drive. Looks awesome and rides even better. Mazda has a winner with the 3...I'm zoomin.

EXCITEMENT after 3 DAYS of OWNERSHIP

Julia Kemp, 12/11/2004
s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

From a family owning a 2003 BMW M3 conv.,a 1999 BMW 528i,a 1989 Chrysler T/C by Maserati, and a 1965 Ferrari 330GT2+2, I think I know a bit about quality automobiles. I'm a college student in Savannah, Georgia. My Dad and I picked up the Mazda 3 three days ago, and have fallen in love with it. THis car replaces the 1991 Volvo 740 I used to drive, and the Mazda is SO much more FUN, even though I'm just learning how to drive standard. Even though the trunk is sort of small, there's ample room for golf clubs IN the trunk and out of view, without folding down the rear seat. I like this since I am on the Golf Team and carry my clubs wherever I travel. The Velocity Red paint-job is a real hit, too

My First Mazda, And Loving It

jennifer, 12/19/2004
s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

When looking for a brand new car during fall of 2004 after selling my modified 97 Civic, I test-drove many different cars. Three factors were important to me. First, the price. Second, the performance and reputation for reliabilty. Third, how much i was attracted to not only the exterior, but the interior. The Corolla-S, Sentra-SER,Saturn Ion,Mitsubishi Lancer,Chevy,Ford,Honda,Hyundai and Kia models did not satisfy all three factors for me. When I test-drove the 2004 Mazda3S, not only did it cover all three bases,it was the only car that made me smile. It was also the first time that i sat in a Mazda, and I was in love. Beautiful inside, gorgeous outside, and a kick-ass motor.Very responsive

Rally fun and sport comfort

SLO Road Czar, Ret., 07/17/2008
s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the Mazda 3s to drive to work, then retired early. Yes, I'm that old. It's been a great car, fun to drive and fairly grippy at speed on winding roads. We drive between Montana and California living in two rural communities. Fun driving at both ends. Not bad on long trips and adds FUN to the drive. Good mileage (between 25 and 30) and no repairs to date (about 30000 miles). I've owned a 325 BMW, TR-6, and still own and drive a 91 Corvette and this little 3 fits in nicely with the fun to drive group.

Exelent

b_o_b_6_9_, 08/16/2012
s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

i have owned the car since it was relesed and since its done about 140,000 miles and hasnt had any issues , only thing i had to replace was the tyres and brake pads other wise its all good

Mazda3 s sedan, auto

Loramay, 09/02/2008
s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought my 2004 Mazda3 s last week, but I've already driven it over 1000 miles on a trip. My first impression of the car was great, it's sleek and drives well. The only issues I've had with it are that the driver seat seems to be made for tall people with long arms. When I push the seat back so that your foot is a good distance from the pedals, I have to hold my arms out straight to hold the wheel. I also bought this car not realizing that the 2.3 L engine didn't get very good gas mileage. I was hoping to improve over my V6 mustang, but the mpg is only slightly better. But I like the way it drives, and I think it will be a great car for me.

Zoom-Zoom to Putt-Putt

Paul, 11/21/2008
i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I got my Mazda 3 in March of 04, brand new, with only 4 miles on it. I shopped around for several months, and knowing I couldn't afford an Audi, I went with something as comparative and fun to drive. The first couple of years were great. It turned heads and drove like a cat. It had a few small annoying features, like no finger pace to open the trunk, poor cabin sound and a mediocre stereo. But then the transmission and clutch started having problems. It gave a little trouble at first, and then the third gear just went along with the warranty.

Love this car!

BluZoom, 02/21/2009
s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Factory ordered Jan04; picked Strato Blue out of the book. What a looker! Will never find another paint this beautiful; even Mazda changed it after 2004, probably because it scratches so easily. Still turning heads after 75,000 miles though. Absolute fun to drive on tight back roads, but really tough on tires. Easy to spin even from a stop sign. Gas mileage with aftermarket roof rack is around 23-25 mpg mixed, but 30-33 mpg on long trips using cruise control. Good reliability; only three unscheduled trips to dealer that was the car's fault...dash cracked, CD player fried, and transmission programming issue. Most difficult is thinking of trading it off! Might just have to buy another one!

Perfect Commuter

Scotticus, 05/13/2009
i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Fun, reliable little car that looks good and scores outstanding fuel economy. For the first 1552.5 miles, I've used 49.19 gallons for an average 31.56 mpg. 6-disc changer, power moonroof, comfortable interior and civilized conveniences make this agile little pet an outstanding compromise of affordability and comfort. It's the perfect commuter, and value-priced.

Mazda3 for me

travisthomas, 01/16/2008
i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

In March I will have had this car for 4 years. To this date the only complaint I have is the cloth interior tends to fray with use. The carpet as well could be a little more durable. A driver's foot rest would be nice. Typically after 2 years I tend to get tired of a car. But after four years I am still in love with this car. Mazda has a winner with this car. In this time of high gas prices it is nice to find a car that looks great, fun to drive and gets great gas mileage. My 5 speed tends to get 38 to 40 mpg on the highway and 33 to 35 mpg in the city which is full of stops and goes.

Zoom zoom.....no rust.....rust....rust

Rusty Mazda, 06/15/2009
i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

A fun car to drive for the first four years. Rust started this winter and in a few short months has almost devoured the car. Not since my 71 Torino have I seen a vehicle rust so bad. I would never buy another

Best car ever!

veester, 10/25/2012
i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car brand new 8 years ago and I can honestly say it has been the best car I've ever owned! Thus far the only things we've had to change on it have been the brakes and of course the tires. Anyway, great first time car for anyone! I will be trading up soon for a small SUV.

After 5 years of ownership-Great Car!

Diane, 03/17/2010
s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great car. Love making u turns, awesome handling, braking, steering. Keep good Michelin tires and have them rotated every 3,000 miles or you'll wear tires. So far my Michelin and rotations are keeping it in check. Have 68,000 miles on car.

Wonderful

k'smazda, 05/10/2010
i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This has been a great family vehicle, it's reliable and extremely fun to drive. We've moved twice since we've owned it and could not believe how much we could cram inside. The interior cleans up nicely with a vacuum or carpet cleaning. The only issue we've had with the interior is that the cloth on one of the doors wasn't glued well.

EVERYONE NEEDS THIS!

POO, 12/05/2004
i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

this car is fantastic! i went from a non-fuel happy silverado to this and all i can say is wow! gets about 25 mpg, wish it was a little better! i couldn't be more happy!

Tens all around

Christina, 01/06/2005
i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The Mazda 3 is an excellent car! It gets terrific gas mileage, runs well, and with DOHC has great power. It's entirely reliable, and very roomy, yet with a compact, sleek look to it. Many people have asked me if my car is an Audi from looking at the exterior of it! I got a classy look, for a fraction of the price!

NO good

Mbauer, 02/01/2005
s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased a Mazda3 Jan. 2004 to commute to school and work. I am very displeased with it. The worst problem is that, in automatic, when the vehicle shifts from 1st to 2nd gear, at around 2500 RPM, there is a great jolt. The car jerks a lot, sometimes more than others. I called the dealership and they told me that it was the "nature of the beast." They had gotten similar complaints, but there was nothing they could do about it. The car is also loud (belts and fans) and noisy inside while driving. I want to get rid of it.

Love My Mazda 3!

Martha Ramsey, 02/17/2005
s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first Mazda, and it will not be my last! I love everything about the Mazda 3, from the sporty design, to the roominess Mazda has built into such a compact car, to the great sound system that includes an in-dash 6 CD player, to the huge trunk, to the excellent gas mileage. I'm getting 38-39 mpg on standard, everyday trips to and from work. On long trips I have averaged 42-45 mpg! If you are looking for a sporty, fun-to-drive economy car that has a great sound system and gets great gas mileage, this is the car for you.

So far so good

zetaminer, 03/29/2005
s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my 3s for 3 months now and have had no mechnical problems. There was some 'rail dust' in the paint but was fixed under warranty. This was the first time I ever bought a car so I'm not sure how to rate Mazda dealership service overall. However I orginally looked/test drove in the St. Louis area and did have a bad experience. I ended up buying my car in the Omaha area, mostly because they had an '04 left that didn't have all the options so that it stayed in my price range with the $1000 '04 rebate. The service at Sheridan Mazda in Council Bluffs IA has so far been good. They call me to check up on the paint situation and my overall satisfaction with the car.

12345...9