Used 2004 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Consumer Reviews - 73 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Town Car model:

Comfort, utility, and supreme reliability.
By TourDeForce

2004 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Ultimate 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The interior door trim panels around the release handles are crap. Fantastic ride. Can be fixed by any mechanic. Widely available mechanical parts. Cheap to keep. Get good tires - makes a huge difference. It is common to find these with over 300,000 miles. Rock solid reliability.

Quiet Waterbed Ride
By Victor L.

2004 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Ultimate 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Mechanically very sound and very dependable. The ride is absolutely smooth and quiet. Acceleration is not very good because the drive train is undersized for the weight and size of the car. The styling is iconic and distinctive; too bad the Towncar is discontinued. This is my third Lincoln and I will probably replace it with the new Lincoln Continental when the 2018 model is available.

best ever
By ron Weinberg

perfect

Floating along the road.
By RJP

2004 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Ultimate 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I own a 2010 Acura TL that I purchased brand new, although I love the handling and power, when I go on long trips I take the Lincoln.
I love the ride, plushness and quietness this car have. I also love the beautiful body style. Very Luxurious look. I read other reviews here about road noise and wind noise and I laugh. The only thing wrong with this car is that the IDIOTS at FORD discontinued making it.

Awesome Town Car
By Omar

2004 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Awesome big American V8 sedan. Roomy seats, smooth ride, and nice speakers for a stock car. Average 20 mpg and thats mixed driving in Houston, Tx. Car was bought used so it did had some small scratches, driver seat small tear and some plastics in the interior coming loose. However it did fail once, the IAC valve failed and made my car accelerate on its own and that just 97,000 miles so I think Lincoln should be aware. But easy fixed and running fine again so problem. Despite some minor interior the car is durable on the road. It can handle bumping roads fine, good torque power in uphill and can take on off-road as well. I'm happy with my Lincoln Town Car

Update 3/16/2018

Still have the car, is my daily driver. Last year 2017 I had the intake manifold replace because it was started to leak around the thermostat housing. My car got flooded during Hurricane Harvey however only water got inside the carpet floor. Engine and Transmission got no water thank god! Since than I drove it 6k miles so far and is running fine, just normal maintenance.

Update 9/19/2018
Same runs great. No Issues miles at 130K, smooth ride like it should be. Got it inspection and pass.