Used 1998 Lincoln Navigator Consumer Reviews - 24 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Lincoln Navigator Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Navigator model:

21 years and still going strong
By Michael

1998 Lincoln Navigator 4dr SUV 4WD

The 1998 Navigator went into production in June 1997. Mine was made in August of 1997 so it truly is one of the first made. The vehicle is 21 years old and has a few (very few) scratches and no dings or dents. The carpets (like almost everything else) are original and look new. The vehicle is NOT made for driving around the city and if you do, you will receive very poor mileage (like 12-14 MPG). Take this girl out on the highway and you will get 21-25 MPG which for a 7700-pound vehicle is incredible. This is not a sports car and needs some time to get up to cruising speed, but when it does, it is smooth as glass. Of special note: As large as she is, the vehicle has a very small turning radius. I have owned the vehicle since 2000 and with the exception of normal maintainance, the only bad luck (NOT Lincoln's fault) is that I am on my 3rd A/C compressor. I have only had 1 tune-up, 1 brake job, 2 sets of tires and that is about it. My Navigator has 99,000 miles, always garaged, has never seen snow and hopefully, it will be with me for another 20 years!

Sometimes the First ones are the Best
By Craig

1998 Lincoln Navigator 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought this 98 Navigator in 2003 after looking for a Minivan. Initially thought the vehicle was too classy for an SUV. However other than replacing coils it has been fantastic. Usually the early models are lacking, but I feel with Lincoln they had something to prove and put all the quality into the 1998. We still have it with 138,000 on it now and love it..

Classy appearance, leather, and seating.

Gas Mileage runs 14.4 regardless of how I drive.

The best Luxury SUV Ever
By sir cal

1998 Lincoln Navigator 4dr SUV 4WD

This truck is performing at high standards and looks good.I still have the factory chrome wheels.If you keep the maintenance up it will last you for years to come.Some people think that they can just ride for years and not do the maintenance.Then when parts start going bad all at once, they say bad things about the navagator.

I like everthing about my navigator. It's the only SUV that still looks good and performs like the day it was made.

I would say gas mileage but considering the size of the vehicle and the power of acceleration, it's alright.

Love my Navigator
By Kendall Harris

1998 Lincoln Navigator 4dr SUV 4WD

All I can say is that I've Never had any problems at all Only thing I've had Replaced were the Brakes which at the time I thought were to early but after talking to people they said 48000 miles wasn't that bad for a car this size.

I like just about everything about the car.still just love the looks of it even if some think its to toothy

the way both the middle seat does fold down although it is easy to get into the third seat.And also the third seat not folding down easy---- Both of which Lincoln lissoned to people and changed. Good going Lincoln

1998 Nav Still Going Strong - Smoothly
By Carlos

1998 Lincoln Navigator 4dr SUV

Had my grandpa up this week, and he still marvels at the look and drivability of my 98 Nav. I have enjoyed it from day 1. Of course gas prices were south of $1 when I first bought it, and I have been getting 15 MPG for as long as I have had it, so this is one of the drawbacks. When it is cleaned up, waxed, and wheels detailed, it is still quite an impressive vehicle.

7 passenger seating. Center storage vessel in 2nd row. Always a treat to fill it with ice and bring beverages along for a cruise. The ride is - well - its a Lincoln - smooth and powerful.

Wind noise around RR View Mirrors. Base tires were a joke - Have been using Michelins ever since '01, and it has made all the difference.