Used 2017 Lincoln MKZ Sedan Consumer Reviews

Used MKZ for Sale
Select your model:
12345...8

Pros
Cons

Great ride

Lincoln convert, 09/09/2016
Reserve 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My Lincoln dealer got his first 2017 with the driver's package option. Not cheap at $3300 but oh so worth it. With the 400hp engine and AWD this thing is an Audi/BMW clone for tens of thousands less. Spent over an hour test driving it. Came back to the dealership and ordered my own. Left out the luxury package ($4400) and some other stuff. MSRP came in at just under $50K. Not an Audi or a BMW but certainly close enough especially when factoring in the MSRP differential. Service costs will be dramatically less than with the Germans cars (I had 4 Audis over the course of 30 years). For 2017 Lincoln is offering to pick up your car at your home or place of business for service and return it to you. A nice touch. Nothing I will take advantage of as my local dealer is less than 4 miles from my house. My local Audi dealer was 30 miles away. The car is fast, quiet, comfortable, well put together, no wind noise, etc. Seems to be a great alternative to its German and Japanese counterparts.

400 HP AWD 2017 MKZ

Mr Frank, 08/30/2016
Premiere 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Great little muscle car . Throaty sound and impressive acceleration . Gas mileage not that bad for 400 horses . Surprisingly comfortable driving position and a pretty nice ride . Maybe could be a little softer . Electronics work well and are intuitive . Easy car to learn to use . Fun to drive . Lots of nice features , including lights up on approach with the key in your pocket .

Great Ride at an acceptable Price

Gary, 09/26/2016
Select 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

You will be happy to own this vehicle. Great styling with lots of extras and the ride is super. Very Comfortable. This is an update to my pervious review and I don't see how you would beat a Lincoln.

3.0 Hot Rod Lincoln

Joe, 01/04/2017
Reserve 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Hi, so the site didn't, give me the chance to enter the right model. I now have about 2,000 miles on a 2017 MKZ 3.0L V6 AWD sedan. I'm pleasantly surprised as I didn't have a chance to drive this combination when I ordered it. I drove the 4 cylinder turbo, and it was Ok, but certainly not exciting. I compared mainly against the Audi A4 and the BMW 330i. The Audi was a bit underwhelming to tell the truth. All of the reviews rave about the interior, but I just wasn't convinced. I really disliked the nav screen sitting up on top of the instrument panel. I loved the idea of ordering a 330i with a manual transmission, but realized the resale would be poor. The BMW interior didn't really impress either, though there is a kind of throwback look to it that I liked. The two BMW dealers I visited were also less than accommodating. They pushed leasing, while I prefer to buy. Anyhow, I wound up ordering the MKZ Reserve with the big engine, and I'm very pleased. High tech safety features, very quick acceleration, and I have yet to find a flaw side or out. Ok so with nearly 10,000 miles I have had a couple things needing repair. First was a buzzing noise from one of the speakers in the drivers door. That was repaired by the dealer to my satisfaction. The dealer claimed a clip of some sort was missing or defective. The other problem is a power window that won't properly roll up. It's as if it's sensing an object in the way. So it rolls up 80% of the way, and goes back down. The dealer had to reprogram a module of some sort to let it operate properly. If you nudge the window up slowly, it would close, but not automatically. I'm glad that's fixed. The dealer gave me a loaner and oil change as promised. Overall, I'm still very pleased. By the way, I drive very steady and fairly conservatively on the daily freeway commute. The 27 MPG is not a mistake. That's with AC now in summer, and the occasional full throttle blast when necessary. Update as of 1/5/2018: I now have just over 19,000 miles on the car, and I'm still very pleased. I'm still averaging 27 MPG in mostly urban freeway driving, and that's on regular unleaded. The 3.0L V6 engine has more than enough power for me, so only on a couple occasions have I filled with premium unleaded just to see if there was a big performance increase. No reason to return the car to the dealer for any service work, as I'm now doing full synthetic oil changes elsewhere. If I was to criticize anything, it would be the rather narrow opening of the trunk lid. The fastback design of the rear window forces a smaller opening. Normally it shouldn't be a problem, but I was trying to transport a few of those big plastic storage bins, and had to fold the rear seats down and load through the rear doors. Overall, I'm still very pleased. July 2018 with 29,000 miles. I needed to return the car for service as the oil pan required a new seal. There was a very minor leak, but the dealer was very accommodating with free loaner and of course, oil change. So although I was somewhat inconvenienced, I realize it’s a new engine design miles of mostly highway travel is 27.2...better than expected. July 2019 and the MKZ is at just over 46,000 miles. No problems or issues to speak of. Actually still on the original Michelin tires, but ready to change out soon. Mileage is consistent at 27.3 average since new, mostly highway commuting. Paint is gorgeous, leather interior still looks and smells great. No oil consumption between changes of full synthetic. Overall still a very fine car.

My First Lincoln in 62 Years

JohnMatt, 11/29/2016
Premiere 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I've driven many cars during that time including Acuras, BMWs and Mercedes' recently. Their prices have risen too high for what you get, and the styling is nothing to cheer about (2017 MB has an IPAD glued to the dashboard). When I saw the 2017 Lincoln MKZ I was curious because the styling was fresh and the price was right. No undesired extras that were built into my choice, keeping the price reasonable. And the salesman I used was completely knowledgeable about the models and accessories so he could answer every question I raised, and the sales discounts happened to be available during the negotiation. The car is just what I wanted, although with a few negatives. It is spacious front and back with good seating quality (I don't use leather seats). The trunk is large and holds my golf clubs easily, or several large suitcases. The turbo-charged 4-cylinder engine (245 HP) has adequate acceleration and highway comfort, but feels a bit strained somewhat when trying to accelerate at high speeds. The fuel recommended is regular (87), but I use mid-grade (89) for better performance. The car has Ford SYNC for music and other electronic adjustments, which works well. It has several USB and 12-volt ports for the smart phone users, as well as Sirius if desired. One issue with me is the small buttons on the bottom of the steering wheel for answering phones using Bluetooth and setting the cruise control. Hard to select and use when driving. Uses a smart key fob remote for starting, entering and leaving, and pushbutton gear selectors (P,D,N,R). This car is not a sports car, so don't expect that. The 400 HP V6 may satisfy the power, but handling might not be there. I hope this description helps with your decision to buy or not.

12345...8