Used 2002 Lincoln LS Consumer Reviews - 133 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Lincoln LS Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LS model:

Black Beauty
By Mike Stelmasky

2002 Lincoln LS Sport 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

This is a very safe automobile!! Our 2000 LS got hit by a 65 F150 EXTENDED Cab, at a Police estimated 55mph, while we were standing still. The trunk took the brunt of the energy and the top did ripple a little, but we walked away without a scratch. Because of the performance of the 2000 we went out and bought a 2002. There are 97,000 miles on it now and we had the coils replaced once and the connection from the seatbelt to the airbags under the driver side seat repaired, to stop the warning light from blinking by someone other then the Ford-Lincoln dealer, they ripped us off once on an overheating problem, they misdiagnosed it the first time as a thermostat (and replaced and charged us for replacing it) when it was the hydraulic solenoid for the fan (which they knew nothing about and charged us for diagnostic time, and said "You know that this is a Jaguar?") and overcharged us by double, we will never go back there again. The car looks like it just came out of the showroom and gets a lot of attention. It handles like a roller-skate, rides like a dream and accelerates way better then you would expect!! We LOVE the Car!!!

So many lemons, finally.. a peach! @<3myLSE
By Terran 'papabur' Schatz

2002 Lincoln LS LSE 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

The sports package edition(aka the LSE) are V8's...just so everyone knows..if you see a spoiler and a sunroof, its most likely the V8 sports edition (LSe)

I personally have owned a 2002 Lincoln LSE(yep, sports package, with rims-sun roof-etc) since 2011 and it has by far been one of the most enjoyable vehicles I've owned. When i went to test drive this car, I was ready to give up for the day as I had already looked/test drove 15+ other cars throughout the day. She was hidden, in the back of the car lot..like a black stallion calmly awaiting its master..it called to me. Per the usual, I asked to test drive her and was handed the keys. Once I hit the key fob, the interior lights came on as I was approaching the driver side door and I could see the interior through the light tinted windows...leather..wood grain.."Yep, its a Lincoln." I said to myself and popped the door open to climb in. First off, the heated leather bucket seats are by far the most comfortable I have ever had the pleasure of owning....after a minute or two of taking it all in..enjoying the smell of the leather..all the fun buttons n gadgets..something magical happened..I put the key in and all of the sudden my seat is moving@! and the steering wheel moves out(tords you) and down, perfectly in front of me!!! At this point, I come back down to earth, and growing up with a mechanic, I instantly start disecting... 93k miles showed on the meter..everything worked(electronically), Oil preasure was good..Temp was holding steady, idle sounded like a cute lil kitten, purring its way through a Milo and Ottis dream..too good to be true...too goo to be true is all I kept telling myself. I barely even got the car off the lot when I knew...I had to have it...considering the money came from my grandfather passing away, I felt like this was the car he would have wanted me to get. So, I paid $6500 cash and drove it off the lot right then n there and haven't looked back since. As I mentioned at the beginning of this review, I bought the vehicle in 2011 with roughly 95k miles and other then common maintance, have not had any major issues with this vehicle..well other then that stupid AdvancTrac bullshit that likes to beep for like 5 minutes everytime I start the car...other then that, the car has been a tank for me and I constantly drive back and forth to/from Portland OR. to Spokane WA. and again, the comfort of this vehicle on the highway is par to none...rides very smoothly with its equal 50/50 front/back weight ratio (...hince why the battery is in the trunk!) and loves to hug corners! I highly recommend this car to anyone, young or old, who is just looking for a comfortable, nice looking ride that can pass everything but a gas station! Strong Ford motors...and as far as people complaining about electrical stuff going out...thats because they either mistreated the car in bad weather, etc. OR they are just lazy and rather come complain on a forum then actually look into addressing the issues (such as windows coming off track..) Most of the electrical work can be done fairly easy...anyways, hope you traded for the LS!! :D

NOT A GOOD CHOICE.. and its sad
By Brit

2002 Lincoln LS 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I have been crushing on this particular car since the early 2000's when I was in junior high. Finally I got old enough, but not smart enough to go out and pick out my own car.. I have had it for a year now.. and Ive had many problems with it. The inside is falling apart.... (air vents...driver heated seat..door control panel...) the 2 driver side windows have quit working and they're both off track.. The heater doesnt blow very warm, esp on the driver side and the a/c quits after getting up to about 35-40 mph and it doesnt work at all on the passenger side. The radio...well the speakers are magnificent! The cd player hasnt worked since I bought it. Lets see.. The battery is huge and its located in the trunk... had to have new breaks over the summer- which those are normal replacement parts on any vehicle. Had to have the water pump replaced. I have recently had to replace the power steering pump and let me tell you, it was a job and a half getting that done, the location on the darned thing was horrible.. I've been having trouble with the jewel shifting out of 1st gear properly... The car started missin' after I got it... and the gas miliage has since then been horrible.. i am lucky to get 10 mpg. Oh yeah ..there's something going on with the advance trac mode/deal.. that and the break light sometimes stay on after starting the car..I just shut off and turn it back on til they are not there. There isnt really anything too normal about this car, but I guess thats a "Lincoln Lesson" for ya. Anyhow the body on the car is super cute in my opinion, and like I said the radio sounds great but only makes for an expensive looking radio... and if youre looking for a car, remember any of these that are actually left on the road today.. will only wind up being left on the road.. :-( Ive still got mine simply because right now its my only option.. too bad I dont have one in my yard I could use for parts... But then again, there wouldn't be...because they're all junk.. lemons, i tell ya... and it certainly is a heartbreaker... she aint worth a dang, but boy she's pretty. Now i gotta go, time for me to take it and have the oil changed and a tire rod end replaced.

2002 Lincoln LS V8 (2nd review)
By vkmaxima

2002 Lincoln LS Sport 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

This is my second review of my LS. I've owned it a little over a year now, and I still like it. The fuel economy is not the best, but then again it is a V8. I average anywhere from 13-15 mpg city, and 17-22 mpg highway on 91 octane fuel. In this past year I've change all four tires, rear brakes and rotors, alternator, air filter, cabin filter, and a few bulbs. Now I have to fix both front upper control arms,spark and coil plugs,and clock-spring. I purchased this car with 167k miles, so obviously repairs were expected, but I now have 183k. That's 16k miles in one year, I like to drive a lot. I use Pennzoil Synthetic Blend 5W-30 instead of 5W-20, it runs much smoother. Overall a good car.

smooth ride quality, comfort, tilt-telescoping steering wheel, memory seat, handling, performance, 6 disc CD changer, info system, exterior style.

rear leg room, interior materials, build quality and reliability, fuel economy, dipstick for transmission fluid, sound system

A hidden jaguar
By roman_capps

2002 Lincoln LS Sport 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

A great friend of mine has a 2002 Lincoln LS but the engine is the 4.0 jag engine which isn't compatible with the transmission which holds up surprisingly. The person before us was a complete idiot of putting a jag engine in it. But it is B-E-A utiful it
rides like a calm sea current they interior is greatly put together some cracks in the seats and window controls blemishes it. I have never , never have found such beauty in a car much rather something built by ford. I automatically feel in love with it when I drove even though it was stuck in over drive 1. lovely just lovely, but always get a car fax report when making a used car purchase you may never know what you find !

the ride, performance (helped by jag), interior and exterior looks.

nothing, people should screw with a beautiful machine