Used 2018 Lexus RX 350 Consumer Reviews

Used RX 350 for Sale
Select your model:
12345...6

Pros
Cons

Well rounded vehicle

Denver Commuter, 07/10/2018
4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 8A)

Extremely quiet and comfortable. Insulates driver from the drama of city driving. Love the aggressive styling. Mileage ratings not accurate. I'm getting 17 to 18 mpg in pure city driving, and 30 to 32 mpg pure highway. Carving canyons is the lowest priority for me, much prefer a luxurious ride and a car that can easily go 200k miles with a line of folks waiting to pay top dollar to buy it from you when you get there.

Totally regretting my purchase and stuck!!!

UpsetLexusowner, 10/25/2018
F SPORT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 8A)

Lexus RX350 and its sporty version F-sport, both have a noise factor that is extremely annoying. I own a FSport which is even worse. I have been to the dealer 5 times in 3 months due to excess noise caused by the engine, exhaust and several other noise generating features they have. Nothing can be done by dealer, they say. Also most annoying is that dealer denies that no other customers have reported the issue like us, when every forum is talking about it since 2016. Big fat lie! BMW and Benz have sporty noise that is very natural with the engine performance. This is artificial in lexus and everyone who rides with you will pick up that its noisy and question you. I wish lexus kept their traditional performance and didn't copy other luxury vehicles to just be "cool". Plus mileage is below 18 easily. Please don't buy!!!

Just don’t look at the front grill

David C, 08/21/2018
4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 8A)

I’ve had this car for almost 6 months now and I am still not used to the front grill. Everything else is great. It really drives fine and the interior is gorgeous. However that ugly front grill, ugh. I actually looked for replacement front grill in the after market. I just avoid look at the front part of my car.

Enjoy the ride daily, commute now bearable

Marius Figueredo, 08/25/2018
4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 8A)

Powerful and smooth engine, best HP in class and it doesn’t end there. A very pleasing sound and slight feel, soft Roar of the engine as you accelerate, more than makes up for reduced acceleration. Super mileage can’t be beat, I easily get 25-26 mpg city driving on economy + a/c and navigation screen. Love the cockpit, front luxury seats with frills, good looking steering wheel lovely leather wrapped look and nice feel, even the shift sticks a beauty, with front dash slightly angled towards driver are luxurious for Dads daily commute as also luxurious headroom + legroom at the back compared to other competitors for the family outing on weekends. Rear screen entertainment is really not needed as everyone inside is relaxing even bask in comfort. The quiet cabin has to be seen to believe, the difference is awesome. A really wide cargo bay makes up for the least space available compared to others, as is easy to simply dump lots of grocery bags for the entire family on the way home on weekends. And the touchless liftgate is highly thoughtful for this reason. Nothing left to chance every feature including design inside and out are well thought out. Love the hands free bluetooth can hear calls so clearly and never take hands off the wheel, also no text messages on the go unless the vehicle is not in motion, must mention that the infotainment system is a big letdown as is slow and cumbersome, but I must add the screen just can't be beat . Music system that comes is another poor feature as sound is lousy. Even for the price am sure they can do a lot better as everyone is an audiophile. BSM, RCTA and Park assist are great utility features in use for daily driving as also the cruise control and brake hold at the lights are perfect for city driving. Loads of other features as well The exterior has beautiful lines to look at daily even after 6 mths. not just the floating roof. Even the cons are not hard to imagine why.

Many great features but. . .

Kathy, 12/31/2020
4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 8A)

This was my first Lexus and I was excited about purchasing the 2018 RX 350. It had been a leased vehicle at the dealership for a year. I love many things about the car -- it has a nice ride on the interstate, love the design and overall looks. My biggest disappointment is the erratic nature of the transmission as you try to accelerate, especially at lower speeds. I had my car serviced several times for other things (recalls, scheduled maintenance, etc.) and always had them look at why my acceleration was not smooth. Finally, after having them look at it for a third time, the service manager was honest with me and said they had changed the engine/transmission on the 2018 and later models. He explained that the engine was designed to constantly be looking for the best gear/speed/rpm, etc. to get the best gas mileage. I had been given a 2017 RX 350 courtesy car while mine was in the shop and I'll have to say that I felt it was a much smoother ride, smoother acceleration, quieter engine and it even felt heavier. I still enjoy my 2018 but I will certainly be much more careful if I purchase another Lexus. I wasn't prepared for it to be a somewhat disappointing experience after paying what I felt was a premium price.

12345...6