Used 2014 Lexus RX 350 Consumer Reviews - 13 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Lexus RX 350 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RX 350 model:

Reliable quiet ride but not all I needed
By wh stanhope

2014 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I enjoyed the reliable and quiet ride provided by the Lexus RX 350 but found it did not provide quite enough cargo space for longer trips and also oddly the front seats were not as comfortable as my previous car (a Toyota Highlander). When I traded it for a new Highlander I was pleased to find that it kept a high resale value (about 50% depreciation over the three years I had it). I have a bike rack and find that the Highlander holds the bikes higher off the road than the Lexus which I seems a plus.

Recline the Front Seatback causes Airbag Failure
By Scott Smith

2014 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Very refined and polished ride and very quiet which I need for my Tenitus. IAdditionally, I much prefer the was driving along late at night and my front passenger reclined the seat back almost all the way to take a nap. Immediattely the seatbelt light started blinking and tthe "Check SRS Airbag Warning" triangle light came on. Took it to a dealer the next day and was told that it was not covered by Warranty due to something (water bottle, shoes, whatever) "might" have been stuck under the seat that would have caused the yellow wire harness to trigger this warning. I had to pay $149 out of pocket to get it re-programmed. There was NOTHING under the seat and I keep a clean and clutter-free car, and never leave trash randomly rolling around in my car. SO... owner/drive beware, DON'T let your passendger recline the seat back too far...

Very happy with CPO
By Marc

2014 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I reviewed multiple CUV before choosing the RX, very happy with my choice. Aside from fuel economy I love everything about this vehicle including the service you get from Lexus. It handles great in my snowy climate and fits my family of 4 with ease.

CPO 2014
By Just Chuck

2014 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have the car now for a year. I've put 26,000 miles on it in that time, bringing the total mileage up to 39,000 +. I've had no reliability issues whatsoever. The free maintenance plan is nice, though so far, through two visits, it's just been one oil change and two tire rotations. The car does use a quart of oil about ever 2500 miles if you're doing highway driving in warm weather. This is probably due to the very light weight (0W-20) oil used. The only thing I would give less than stellar reviews is the navigation system. It's so untrustworthy that I won't even use it to go any distances or to places I've never been before. Other than that, car is perfect. The reason I've been racking up the miles is trips from NY to FL, four roundtrips, and doing a lot of driving in Florida. It's perfect for that kind of travel, 11-12 hour days in the car. Quiet, comfortable, smooth riding, great AC, heated and ventilated seats, a very good Blu-Tooth system and stereo, and excellent headlights and seats. It's really everything you could want in a luxury SUV.

Home run for Lexus RX-350
By Bob Rue

2014 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is a 2014 model that had just come off lease and was absolutely clear since it was a Lexus Pre-Owned Certified car. It would not have gained certification unless it was in perfect shape. My disappointments are three:
- fuel economy is 20+/- mpg combined city/highway;
- tires wear out after only 35K (according to the dealer, this is typical) even though they are rotated regularly and kept properly inflated, and;
- the navigation system is very complicated and should not be adjusted while driving. It simply demands the driver's full attention and is difficult to learn.