Used 2013 Lexus RX 350 Consumer Reviews - 31 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Lexus RX 350 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RX 350 model:

This SUV saved our lives!
By Susie P.

2013 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I was entering the intersection on my green light heading north when I was "T-BONED" on the passenger side. My 23 year old daughter was the passenger and did not know we were going to get hit (she was on her cell phone). He was speeding, ran a red light and never applied his breaks. We were flipped over in the middle of the intersection spinning and finally sliding to a grinding halt. We were upside down and suspended by our seat belts. I was terrified that the gas tank would explode and when she came to, she was terrified that another car was going to hit us. Once the police officer and EMT released my seat belt I crawled out of that vehicle with a glass cuts on my knee and elbow.......just wiped off with alcohol very minor. My left arm was caught between the seat belt and airbag so it is badly bruised and my left cheek is bruised and well as my chest. The important thing is WE BOTH SURVIVED AND CAME OUT OF THAT VEHICLE ON OUR OWN!! This Lexus saved our lives!

Great car
By Pat Haney

2013 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Our third Lexus RX 350

Great car
By Zongliang Yue

2013 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I’d like to know the inspection of the car and maitainess history

Not Like Our First Lexus
By WR

2013 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Our first Lexus was a 2005 RX330, purchased as a Lexus Certified Used vehicle and was great. We purchase our 2013 Lexus in November 2012 expecting the same quality of materials and design but were somewhat disappointed and over the years this has not changed. From the "carpeting" that is little more than fuzzy laminated rubber to the leather seats that have turned blue, show way to much wear for a vehicle that has less than 50,000 miles, been garaged and driven by two people who combined weigh less than most individuals do, Lexus really cut back on the material quality on this model when compared to our 2005 RX. We also learned to late that the rear parking sensors can be intermittent and are not aimed to protect the entire rear of the vehicle. The sensors do not protect the area you are backing into if you are turning while backing up which we learned the hard way. Finally, many features that you would consider standard for a luxury vehicle such as rain sensing windshield wipers or quality tires, ours came with Dunlop Tires which the dealer refused to change causing us to almost walk away from the deal, and many little details that were obviously changed or eliminated to cheapen the vehicle. We recently considered purchasing another Lexus RX but did not due to costs and the current design, my wife hates the front end. We were particularly interested in the new RX 350L with third row seating, what an engineering an design disaster. Of the vehicles with third row seating that we looked at the 350L was the worst in every way. Sorry Lexus, even though we have enjoyed the drive, ride, reliability and the service of our 2013 Lexus, we will wait until you do a complete overhaul of the RX before we purchase another.

Compliments my Porsche 911
By Bob Heilweck

2013 Lexus RX 350 F SPORT 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 8A)

I just bought a 2013 Certified RX 350 F sport with 18,000 mi. and think it's a great car. I have always driven manual shift cars and this car is a nice luxury experience. I am in my early 70's and plan on this being my last car, which is why I bought a Lexus and not a German car. As far as the reviews, I don't quite understand. I have owned an early Porsche 911 for almost 25 years. This car is certainly not a Porsche, it was never intended to be. But I can hold my own on an autocross course, and I have driven this car on some curvy, decreasing radii turns requiring heavy braking, power on acceleration out of turns and weight transfer. I think this is a great car for what it is in the handling dept. Having driven Honda's for most of my life, if the quality is up to that standard (and I am sure that it is) I will be very happy.