Used 2000 Lexus RX 300 SUV Consumer Reviews - 80 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific RX 300 model:

Reliable now!
By Ron Mc

2000 Lexus RX 300 SUV 4dr SUV AWD

Bought it at 171k for a cheap $1,200 though it needed a new engine due to a bad knock from previous poor oil changes, I still was able to drive it home, after $3k for engine, the beautiful body now runs reliable. Leg room is good but Front seats are designed too short for the best comfort feel.

Keeps On Running
By Sherry Massey

2000 Lexus RX 300 SUV 4dr SUV

This car is my second favorite ever. It is 18 yrs old now with 154,000 miles. Since I have religiously changed oil every 3000mi, rotated tires every 5,000mi,, and did the scheduled maintenance, I have had no problems. Only issues are the driver & front seats are too short, and turning radius is much too short.

Even on a BUDGET (except parts are costly)
By Mary

2000 Lexus RX 300 SUV 4dr SUV

I purchased my already 10 year old RX300 8 years ago while on a VERY tight purchase budget, previous car had been totaled and I was unemployed. The previous youthful driver had disrespected the car and it had many cosmetic and minor functional interior damages. I feel I was lucky to find such a reliable beautiful car way below market. The only draw back has been the cost of parts is higher than most cars but as a DYI person I was able to fix many of the problems at minimal cost. I have been very happy with this car as it has NOT required ANY other service except routine maintenance in the 8 years I have owned it, saving me lots of heart ache and money. After 19 years of use it runs smooth, quiet with no signs of age except the hood paint has failed and the leather on drivers seat has normal wear. Amazing quality. I will be purchasing a newer car soon and passing this beauty on to a another driver to appreciate quality at a low cost I expect they will get may more years of low cost enjoyment. The only design flaws I do not like is that it has a poor turning radius, can not make tight turns, need to swing out for U turns and it has a rear blind spot.

274k and still going strong!
By Lexiconist

2000 Lexus RX 300 SUV 4dr SUV

Always driven German vehicles (MBZ, Bmw) , but Japan makes some great ones too! Well made, classy, safe, decent 22+MPG, VERY dependable...and my Wife loves it! I highly recommend this SUV!

RX 300 VA