Skip to main content

The LX 570 is a TANK wearing velvet gloves

R. C. Miller, 04/19/2016
updated 11/01/2021
2015 Lexus LX 570 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

When my mechanic and I went to change the oil for the first time, a normal 40 minute oil change became over an hour and 45 minutes with the required removal of 19 bolts of 3 different sizes and 4 underside skid/aero panels. So regular mechanics' bills for day-to-day stuff will be expensive. But this machine is screwed together better than the best GMC Suburban's (I've owned 2) and Cadillacs (I've owned 6) out there and it is a really fine car. And if you can afford the purchase price, you can afford the mediocre gas mileage. If I have to be in a car during a severe crash, this is the car to be in. Strongly recommend this machine. (After almost 4 years of ownership and about 70,000 miles, i am still convinced that this LEXUS, the LX 570 and my 2 previous Lexus sedans -- a 2012 LS 460 all wheel drive and a 2006 LS 430 -- are the best built cars I have ever purchased. I have purchased over 20 NEW cars in my short happy life and at least 10 used cars, to include antiques, and these big Lexus V-8's are quality cars that drive and perform superbly. OF NOTE, my 16 MPG gas mileage has IMPROVED now that the engine is fully worn in and we often get 18-19 MPG at speeds of 70+ mph). UPDATE: Everything that I wrote in this review was still accurate after 5+ years and 80,000 miles when I traded my 2015 LX 570 for a 2021 LX 570. I did this to get a new one before they stopped making them, 2021 being the last year of production for this model. These are superior machines and well worth the money.

3 out of 5 stars

5 out of 5 stars

Solid, strong, reliable, fun to drive 4 a big suv!

Mikey556, 09/12/2020
updated 09/20/2021
2015 Lexus LX 570 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I’ve driven many Tahoes, Suburbans, Expeditions, etc. This suv is in the same size class and is exponentially more interesting to drive. It’s not as “fun” as a Porsche Cayenne, but it can handle its own on curvy roads and the V8 is more than enough to get you through busy traffic if you wish to do so. Off road is where this vehicle shines, of course. It climbs Rocky terrain and hills like nobody’s business. Where other suvs would struggle, the lx climbs like the hill is not even there. You would really have to present it with a challenge for it to get stuck and I haven’t found one yet. Having taken mine on overlanding trips, passes, and other cross country trips, this thing does it all. Very smooth on the highway, so much so that rear seat passengers WILL fall asleep. Also, very very reliable. I’ve only had to deal with regular maintenance items... fluid changes. That’s it! UPDATE: Been using my LX to tow a 5000 lb camper the last year or so. Still going strong. Great vehicle. Terrible gas mileage but I don’t care about that, though it may be relevant to some buyers so mentioning it. UPDATE: Still a fantastic vehicle. I really love this car. I get bored of cars easily but this car has made me wish for nothing. I feel just as special driving this car since the day I bought it. It really is something unique. Also, the car has been flawless. Oil changes only. What a dream to own.

8th LC/LX from 80 series to 200 series

Dennis Latimer, 12/16/2020
updated 05/24/2022
2015 Lexus LX 570 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

These vehicles are tanks as stated by the chief engineer for Toyota motor company these vehicles are built to last 25 years in a Third World country. I think that pretty much says it all!

3 out of 5 stars

5 out of 5 stars

Dependable with weight equaling stability.

John S Naples, 05/10/2022
2015 Lexus LX 570 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Very comfortable, solid, but a challenge at the gas pump and relatively short range given the vehicle size.