2018 Lexus LC 500 Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Lexus LC 500 Consumer Reviews

Base 5.0L V8 10-speed Automatic - (7 reviews )

Best high end Sports Coupe on the Market!
By Lexus LC500

2018 Lexus LC 500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 10A)

Ive owed just about everything and purchased the Lexus LC500 recently and had to write a response and review regarding my opinion. First, this car has some of the finest fit and finish materials and unique designs throughout. It is extremely comfortable to drive and more than enough power to enjoy flashing through the 10 speed and let me tell you the sound you can generate with 10 gears paddling up and down is superb! You could NOT find a more reliable or fun coupe for this money with any other manufacturer! If you've owned Porsche, BMW, Ferrari, Maserati etc... like me you know how much they cost to maintain! This car is bullet proof nd easy on the pocket book...do yourself a favour and consider the Naturally aspirated V8 to your collection, you will never regret it!

Great Job Lexus!
By Brian Gravelyn

2018 Lexus LC 500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 10A)

I test drove the LC a couple weeks ago, and I must say, it was quite the experience. I could just imagine myself sitting in the driveway and just listening to the rumble of the engine. Just knowing that it was going to be a fun ride to work that day would put a big smile on my face.

Lexus has done a great job with this car!

When it comes to sports cars, there is commonly an area where you have to compromise in while enjoying the dominant features of the car, but not this time. Just sitting inside the car, you feel like it was made just for you. Very comfortable with all controls easy to access. You don’t feel scrunched it at all. It’s a very welcoming, personal feeling while you hear the rumble of the engine. While the engine is very easily heard from outside the car, you don’t feel overpowered by it from the inside. And when you give this thing gas, it’s like a comforting, yet powerful push forward. It’s like the car just screams dominance while just waiting for you to unleash the 471 hp under the hood.

Although others have posted complaints with the brakes, I only heard one squeak noise as I entered the street from the parking lot, and then nothing else over the hour and 15 min test drive. In fact, I was very impressed by the braking system. Very responsive and did an excellent job slowing the car down at high speeds.

As soon as I’m able to, I’ll be purchasing one for myself.

Squeak
By Mark Angers

2018 Lexus LC 500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 10A)

Great car. Brakes squeal and it is getting worse.

Eye Catcher
By Dennis

2018 Lexus LC 500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 10A)

A great roadsters! You never want to stop driving it.After owning the car for 4 months I need to update my review.

I wish I saw other reviews about braking squeals. Just took it in for same squealing front breaks at stops. For a 4 month old car with 3900 miles Lexus states they are aware of problem but does not have fix. A$100k car with this issue known but not solved is unacceptable. Also was informed a recall on fuel injection system is coming but no replacements parts at dealers yet. Owners have not gotten notice yet, only dealers. BEWARE, Lexus does not appear how to build high performance vehicles yet. We are trial owners.

Brakes are terrible
By Nabeel

2018 Lexus LC 500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 10A)

The brakes squeal on a consistent basis. The dealership tells me that it is normal?? I read the LC blogs and it is a common problem. Lexus needs to address this issue ASAP.