Used 2014 Lexus ES 300h Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used ES 300h for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

My First Lexus

John Alexander, 07/17/2015
4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have owned Toyotas for years and still have and love my Land Cruiser. My wife drives an Avalon which has given us great service over the years. I built my Lexus 300H online last year and got it just as I specified. It has exceeded my expectations for a year and I can't believe I waited until last year to get one. The Fire Agate Pearl color is just beautiful and I have no regrets in getting my first Lexus whatsoever.

Peppy performance for hybrid

Chuck Anderson, 07/24/2017
4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

If you think "hybrid" translates to "doggy," you'd be wrong with this car. Well-built, quiet and smooth ride. All the bells and whistles you need and most of what you want. Recently drove to FL for 3 months; combined mileage for entire trip was 42 mpg

A great car

Don Nattkemper, 03/27/2016
4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Of 50 years of buying all types of cars, I can honestly say that this 2014 Lexus hybrid beats them all hands down. As I trade cars every two or three years I have ordered a Tesla Model X and it breaks my heart to have to part with my 300h but no garage space to keep it. It's the best car I have ever owned.

Tons of "Normal" Defects

Ryan, 10/08/2015
4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I'll start by saying I believe the issues I had with a brand new 2014 Lexus ES300H was due to a defective car, not consistent with others. I simply have to assume this is the case. I had two major issues never resolved which forced me to break the lease and sell the car. #1 - after 6 months of owning the car, when the car reaches about 30 miles an hour, a large rattle would occur lasting a few seconds. I took it to the Santa Monica Lexus repair shop. I was able to demonstrate the issue during a test drive with the head shop foreman. After 1 week in the shop they identified the issue as being the heat shield. The heat shield was "repaired", I picked up the car, the problem returned. This went on for 2 more visit before I gave up and took it to another Lexus repair shop. Long story short, that repair shop stated the sound is "normal" and therefore didn't want to repair it. The sound was very loud. Not possible to have a sound like that on any new car. The second problem had to do with the A/C. Each time I started my car with the A/C already in the 'ON' position, a mildew smell would come out the vents. I was told this is caused by a buildup of water in the engine area, also considered "Normal". The advice was to turn the AC off before starting the car which is ridiculous for a brand new car. Between these two issues and the terrible service, I decided to bite the bullet by getting out of the lease (at a significant cost). I am happy to be rid of the car and will never by a Lexus again.

2014 Lexus ES300h Unfortunately is a step back!

Queen Bee, 08/25/2017
4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is my third Lexus and my first hybrid. The 34 mpg and the fact that it runs on "regular" gas is great, however, Lexus made some lower quality moves inside the car that I find quite annoying: They put composition felt (many pieces of different colored felt pressed together) on the sides of each front seat, facing to the console. TACKY!! There is no longer a light in the coin compartment which is located on the far left under the dash, causing one to have to remove change to hold it up to look at it under the light at night: CHEAP! Lastly, I absolutely hate the Lexus GPS system! It was outdated when I bought the car and a year later, when I asked the Lexus dealer to update it, the Lexus service man blew up my whole sound system including the radio (which they replaced free of charge, but I was without my car over a week!). When I received my car back, the GPS was still the same outdated one! As my work involves traveling to new clients daily, I also pay $300 annually for live Lexus Navigation Assistance and they are wrong half the time! and the other half, their system hasn't added new addresses! I finally asked who they use to find addresses and they said BING! I found that I can Google it on my phone and receive more accurate directions, much quicker! When I asked the operator to use Google, she responded that they aren't allowed to use Google! Shame on Lexus for cheapening what used to be a "TOP OF THE LINE" car!