Used 1992 Lexus ES 300 Consumer Reviews

$897 - $2,165

Used ES 300 for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

210K Going Strong

gheuer, 07/25/2009
4dr Sedan

A little gem still performing flawlessly after all these years/miles. So solid we decided to re-upholster and re-paint, including new headlights and tail lights. Looks like a new car and still performs like one. This is a classic which I will maintain as an antique. Equipped with top end tires she handles like the European Sports Car she was designed to emulate. We are proud to drive up in this winner.

Brought from Private Party

Tai, 07/09/2002
4dr Sedan

I brought my car from a first owner and all work done at the dealer. The car runs smooth and sound quality is great. The three mid-size people I carpool with sits decently comfortable better than the beat-up Mercury Tracer station wagon that felt cramped and could bearly make it up the steep mountain to get out of town. The car is very powerful, but a gas guzzer. The cheapest gas price in N. Cal's area near me is $1.70 a gallon. I do love driving the car, but the cost of maintanence is costly even when it's not being done at the dealer. It costed me almost $400 to change the timing belt.

Great car, now has 250K miles

Maine92Lex, 03/26/2005
4dr Sedan

This car looks like and drives like it drinks from the fountain of youth. It's almost incomprehensible that it's been on the road for nearly 14 years and driven 18000 miles a year. If 'lacks character' means bulletproof reliability and no surprises - so be it! Design-wise and mechanically, it ain't perfect - but nearly. I look forward to buying another Lexus; I just wish they offered more in the way of wagons and AWD.

First and finest of the breed

gheuer, 01/04/2005
4dr Sedan

Bought used with about 6 thousand on it. Drove and loved until this year when upgraded to an LS 400. Sold to our son who still enjoys it. Fit and finish of this first-year-in-USA ES 300 far exceeds the current models. When you find a 92 or 93 in good condition it is worth a look. This one still quiet and solid on the road, responsive and fun to drive. Engines can be reconditioned if needed, but style only comes around now and then. Keep this car until it is an antique.

perfect car

kds2, 05/05/2005
4dr Sedan

I purchased this vehicle from a friends grandparents with only 60k for $6000. It was the best car that I have ever owned, that is until I was rearended at a stop light by a young girl talking on the phone. It held up well for a rear impact at roughly 60mph. All passengers walked away with only minor damage. The car was fixed, but never the same. I sold it shortly thereafter. SOLD for more than I paid! I sure do miss it. By far the best car for the best price. MPG left a little to be desired. Leather was impeccable. I am currently on the hunt for another Lexus, as my Grand Cherokee just isn't cutting the mustard. Till that time comes, she will be in my dreams.

Great first car

Nicholas, 03/18/2010
4dr Sedan

For my first car I got a 1992 Lexus ES300 for only $1,400. It has about 240,300 miles on it but it still drives good most the time. The only things I don't like about it is it's awful MPG. It's supposed to get 19 but I am only getting 14! The other thing I don't like is there is no cup holder, or at least I haven't found it yet. I have only had one problem with it so far and that is the cruise control doesn't work most the time. Overall it's a great car, out of all the cars I've driven (friends & family) I like how mine drives the best. I plan to keep driving my Lexus until I graduate high school than I will probably buy a Jeep but keep the Lexus and possibly fix it up.

Lexus ES 300

Bob - Lexus, 02/18/2006
4dr Sedan

This was was OK until it hit around 115k miles. I thought it would be good for 300K+, but everything from the power steering, to the water pump, thermostat, windows, doors,etc. went bad. I am not including maintenance stuff like batteries, brakes, tires, timing belts, muffler, etc. In a word the car was a longetivity dud.

92 Lexus ES300 Fantastic

Dave, 01/05/2005
4dr Sedan

This car has already become the BEST car I have ever owned including Mercedes and BMW. The only thing wrong with it is the Instrument Cluster Needles went dark..easily fixed by DASHUSA.COM for only 350.00 a permanent fix. Only run Mobile 1 syn oil and factory filters. Only has 111000 miles on it and expecting another 100,000. Fantastic car would buy another one, in a heartbeat.

Great Used Car

Yonze, 08/07/2008
4dr Sedan

Bought privately at 56,000 miles from a neighbour who had looked after it well from new and had it detailed every six months or so. Black with black leather. Given great service and performance ever since. Completely reliable, with regular oil changes. Brake fluid leaking a little, but stopped with sealant. Instrument lights weak but I can live with that. 28 MPG (USG) on longer trips. Replaced the radio antenna(my fault) twice for $50 each. My Legend cost me $150 for the same thing.

Damn Great Ride

Jukin J, 05/27/2002
4dr Sedan

Best car I have ever owned including Mercedes and BMW. I'll buy one again ... no problem.

51050