Skip to main content

Used Spectra for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...7

Pros
Cons
4.75 out of 5 stars

Never had a problem

christinea, 10/31/2012
2006 Kia Spectra Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I loved this car. I had it for 5 years, and I never had ANY issues. I did have to take off the front spoiler because it scraped on the driveway. I never had any work done on it in 5 years (other than oil/brakes/tires). I averaged 25 mpg till the last day. I was in an accident on the highway at lower speed, and the airbag deployed right away, BUT my head never hit ANYTHING. I came out 99% okay, just some minor whiplash. I 100% recommend this car. Turns great, isn't very noisy, accelerates nicely, quality interior, efficient.

5 out of 5 stars

Still taking care of the family

wihz, 05/12/2020
2006 Kia Spectra Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This was a sharp looking car when we got it and it still looks great. It was sporty and spacious enough to be practical for most trips and it took care of us everywhere we went. Mechanically it has really held up with very minor issues, most of which were handled easily with proper care and maintenance and a competent diy approach. We didn't think we'd actually see passing Kia's 10 year 100,000 mile warranty but it has certainly earned top marks in that regard. And performance-wise the engine still feels solid and responsive. Of course that's only going based off how well it's been maintained, so ymmv. If you want a car to last you have to take care of it, right? 14 years and still taking care of the family :)

Great used car

Simon, 10/05/2019
2006 Kia Spectra Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Got this car as my first car 7 years ago with 70k miles on it. Currently it has 160k of mostly rough city driving and is doing great! It may not be the fanciest, fastest, or sexiest car but it gets the job done. The car has been dead reliable and easy to fix. The only time I've brought it to a shop is for tires. I've changed fluids, belts, brakes, spark plugs, etc. In my driveway with basic tools. Only serious part to fail was the alternator and that was replaceable with a metric socket set and 2 hours of time. The highway ride is surprisingly smooth and quiet and you can fit a lot in the hatch with the seats folded down. Great first car or reliable commuter

Loving It!

whatitis, 08/05/2008
2006 Kia Spectra Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I love this car. Bought it used a few days ago and I am very pleased. Just had my first child and wanted something economical at a good price and good on gas. Had 21,000 miles on it when purchased. I couldn't be more satisfied with the feel of the vehicle and comfort of my little one in the back with his car seat and the 3-point buckle system that keeps him safe. Found a very good car with all the extras included (ground effects, bug shield, tinted windows, power windows/locks, etc.) Absolutely love the sporty look and for the price it beats Mazda3, Suzuki Reno, and all the other guys. Most importantly still has all factory warranties included!!

4.63 out of 5 stars

My Blue Kia Spectra 5

Peter Glenn White, 02/20/2009
2006 Kia Spectra Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Kia Spectra 5 from the dealer used with 4000 miles on it. The color is a very beautiful blue; people have asked me about it, very impressive. It is very roomy, I take my two dogs with me to a lot of different places, and they love it.

12345...7