Used 2014 Kia Forte Sedan Consumer Reviews - 22 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Kia Forte Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forte model:

Water leaking
By P Williams

2014 Kia Forte Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I took my car to the shop 6 months after purchase for water damage in the truck and the back seat in March of 2016. I had to fight tooth and nail to get them to replace the back seat and trunk pieces as they had mold growing on them. I am now having the same problem but much worst. My daughter is HIGHLY Allergic to mold which is growing in my trunk and along my back seat. I have a pond of water in my trunk and apparently no one cares. The car has a horrible odor as if I left raw meat in it for weeks. It is very disappointing dealing with this.

2nd Best Car I Have Ever Owned
By K Copeland

2014 Kia Forte Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I was always a U.S. manufacturer car buyer, never owned anything other than Chevy or Ford. Then it was time to buy new and being a single woman, I felt the need to have a great warranty. KIA/Hyundai have the very BEST warranty. I like cars that have pickup so usually drove straight drives, but decided I wanted an automatic but still with pickup so bought the KIA Forte EX with the 2.0 liter engine, 176 horsepower and am very happy with it. I looks good (black on black). I love the LED lights and the folding door mirrors for looks and the styling is unique and sporty with 16 in wheels. I have driven it for almost 5 years, and had zero problems, nothing has been replaced or had to be fixed. Little to no vibrations. Gas mileage is not great but it's the way I drive and where I drive, not just the bigger engine.

Honeymoon is over.
By ari

2014 Kia Forte Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I’ve owned this car for 4 years. I loved her up until recently. Bought brand new, no issues other than routine maintenance. I mean she’s always got me to work and school but... Tire sensor was replaced under warranty at 7k, and at 60k, I noticed water was leaking into trunk after it rained. I live it in Florida and it’s always raining in the summer.Apparently this is a common issue with the trunk leak and there are no recalls. Took car to dealer and they said I would have to pay for repairs since warranty expired. This will be my first and last Kia.

My car is killing me
By Paulette Hahn

2014 Kia Forte Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I bought a 2014 Kia. My trunk had 2 feet of water in it. I took it in several times to get help but my concerns were dismissed by kia. They stated its just the way they are. The service was the worst I have ever encountered in my life, the service department actually fought between themselves arguing right in front of me. I felt very uncomfortable. Then by summer I was getting sick when I was driving my car, it took me a min to figure this out until one day I opened my trunk and oh my god the mold was everywhere and I am very sensitive to this. I have suffered 2 years because Kia wouldn't step up. Well I had enough ( I cant be in my car more than 20 min at a time, I cant have my Grandchildren in my car because they have asthma and are allergic to mold. Cant go on vacations in my car. I cant use my trunk or never could with the water pouring in so I have had to use my back seat causing ware and tare). I stopped by the Kia dealer just to retrieve a statement from them so I could sue them and they only at that time agreed to fix the problem, again the service sucked and ended up costing me $75.00 for a rental car wtf right. Well I got my car back and it rained and I opened my trunk only to find it still has water pouring in. So it was not the tail lights its the damn frame. The only thing different is now my doors make a horrible squeaking sound when opened. And still makes me very sick and Kia now saying they will help me but have not returned my calls. Help me my car is killing me!!!!!

Second-Hand Kia
By Triarch225

2014 Kia Forte Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

Update: March 26, 2017. Bought used with 36k miles, now has 48k miles. No problems with it at all. I get 29-32 mpg regularly whether hooning it or driving conservatively. It's acceleration is fine for normal driving and highway merging. The sound system is great, but is sometimes buggy when trying to connect to bluetooth through your phone. Very easy to change your own oil in this car; everything is easy to get to under the car. These are good cars, you can regularly find them under $11k on autotrader or your local domestic dealership. Overall, a good replacement for an Altima Coupe.