Used 2007 Jeep Liberty Consumer Reviews - 108 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Jeep Liberty Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:

Pros and cons of hitch hiking
By brian pelton

2007 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

PROS: looks, handling, clearance, cornering, space for storage, very low maintanence, good interior design, heater works very quickly on cold days....... CONS: terrible gas mileage (14/18), weak acceleration when climbing, massive problems with plastic brackets used to raise and lower windows (they break easily and often).... for me, overall, i like this car a lot, but the bad gas mileage really bothers me. using premium gas (91+ octane) really helps with power and gas mileage, but it is painful to pay ~$15 or more for every tank of gas....

Still ticking
By K T

2007 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Bought new in 2007, drive daily and still ticking! Showing some wear and tear but certainly got my use. Fun to drive.

DON'T EVER BUY ONE!!!
By kandi wollenzein

2007 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

i bought this car for my son it seemed to be perfect but once i got it off the dealer it started going down hill quickly. first it was the gas cap ok no problem than not more than a month the water pump went out now wait for this....... brakes, battery, window repairs, re wiring the whole car, brake lights new tires and having to replace engine that only had 137,000 on it! replace the engine and two weeks later we find out the car came out of the factory bad!!! this new engine is already giving us problems!! stalls and dies and it takes two to three times to get it started again!! this is unacceptable!!! so for the love of god do not purchase a 2007 jeep liberty sport!! now i have to pay 150.00 a month for an extended warranty so my son is safe!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bought this used with 110000 miles on it in 2010
By Kim Gilliland

2007 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I just traded this in with 165000 miles on it. Aside from normal wear and tear the only problems I had with this car was the a/c never worked and my mechanic didn't want to mess with it, the electric windows in the backseat both quit working. It also made a banging noise while driving past 50mph sometimes but it wouldn't make the noise when my mechanic was in the car and I never broke down because of it. I am upset that Jeep quit making these because everyone that I know who have/had them love 'em and I would definitely buy another one. I upgraded to a brand new Cherokee and we'll see how this goes.

ok car
By noah

2007 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

had this car since it first came out in 2007 bought it new. had to replace all 4 of the power window units several times,the ac unit has gone bad twice due to an electrical failure in the switch the first time,the second time the condensor coils were shot,great for road trips just be prepared to make alot of stops for gas.sucks down the battery life really fast,we have to replace it once every year.had a factory recall just 2 years ago due to if it got rear ended it could explode,so they put a hitch on the back thats somehow supposed to help or prevent that .it took them 10 years before they realized this problem and sent out a recall.overall its a great jeep and i highly recomend it.