Used 2005 Jeep Liberty SUV Consumer Reviews - 405 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Jeep Liberty SUV

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:

Jeep built to Last
By glhperformance

2005 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport Rwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

My Liberty gets 20 to 22 mpg; great handling; fun to drive.

6 speed manual is fun; lots of low end power; no problem towing.

Tow package could be standard and needs overhead console.

2005 Jeep Liberty Sport 4x4
By _II_

2005 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Purchased new in early Jan. 30k miles later Jeep went to dealership only once for mud blockage in condenser (not under warranty). Air vents do not close, window switches located on middle console. Other than that, it's of great quality. No problems at all, except there could be improvements on minor details.

4x4, stock sound system, fun to drive in city driving and off road.

Interior details, placement switches for windows front and back, relocate spare, front seats, rear seats needs more space, replace carpet throughout vehicle with other material which is water/salt/mud proof; perhaps a elastomer product, road noise is a bit loud on highways, more cargo room.

2005 Limited
By richard

2005 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I use this Jeep both on and off road. Superior to my Forester especially in mud. Gets 23 hwy and 18 city. So far at 20k no problems, ride is good and I can pull a horse trailer with it.

Has good power.

I would have gotten a different interior color ( leather); could have a larger cargo area behind rear seat,

2005 CRD Liberty
By Pete Josenhans

2005 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

The outstanding engineering behind the new CRD engine qualifies as such a joy. And I am here to tell you that this engine blows away (no pun intended) all the myths and conventional thinking that we have come to associate with diesel engines over the years. With no visible smoke, no apparent diesel smell and a whisper quiet engine sound at highway speeds, this vehicle actually out-ran many gas engine vehicles in the mountains of California, Oregon and Washington on a recent trip. At one gas station, a trucker even walked up to my son and unwittingly said: “Excuse me son, but do you know that you’re putting diesel fuel into that Jeep?” No one seems to know about next gen diesel technology.

Engine, 5-speed auto, handling, city parking ability, tractability in the mountains, cat-quick off the line, whisper quiet speed, excellent fuel mileage, no smoke, no smell, no kidding.

Brakes. I am on second set of rears.

Very nice JEEP!
By Joey

2005 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is my first Jeep & I love it! Got the Limited, V6 with the leather, sunroof, heated seats & mirrors, 6 CD changer with Infinity speakers. The power is adequate for its class and has a lot of "get up and go!" I wish it was better at the pump ... only about 15-6 MPG. I'm 6'1"/240# and I have plenty of leg room in the front; the back is a bit tight for me. It's fun to drive and handles very well. Recently took it on a long road trip, and it's very comfortable and a smooth ride (It does get some wind noise). I was going to purchase foreign, but with the rebates and all that I got with this, I went with American.

All the "Extras." Leather, heated seats & mirrors, CD changer, side airbags, chrome front grill, the WICKED Red Inferno pearl coat paint (I get so MANY compliments!). The bigger wheels.

Really needs more little compartments, to put "things." Sunglass holder would be nice! Better gas mileage would be great. The glovebox could be bigger.