Skip to main content

Used Liberty for Sale
Select your model:
12345...86

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

This Jeep sums up why I love cars

Carpassion96, 10/26/2017
2004 Jeep Liberty Rocky Mountain Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

This car has been a fantastic machine for the 14 years that my mother and I owned it. It was handed down to me during senior year of HS in 2014 and has taken me from California to my current home in Chicago. Its been there through the good and bad of my life. The lack of traction control, ABS and 4WD means that it's fun to drive, especially in rain and snow. We were pretty consistent with the maintenance and as a result, it has been as reliable, if not more than Japanese cars. The only things I can remember going bad were the A/C condenser (in the desert on the way to Vegas, ugh) the radiator, the rear window regulators (which are notoriously prone to failure in Libertys), and worn valve cover gaskets. Other than that, the engine and transmission is still running strong. The suspension is also holding up okay. A few interior bits are broken, worn or torn but thats expected in an American car of this vintage. If you can find a sub-200,000 or even a sub-150,000 mile example with a pretty decent maintenance history, then buy one. This car can last well above 200,000 or even 300,000 if taken care of. Maybe even more. Its just that good.

3 out of 5 stars
2 out of 5 stars
3 out of 5 stars
4 out of 5 stars
4 out of 5 stars

Perfect SUV

zakk, 01/06/2016
2004 Jeep Liberty Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

perfect off road vehicle! Our Wisconsin winters are harsh, but the liberty plows through it like nothing. great room for tall people, amazingly fun to drive, great handling, decent gas mileage, great power/torque, 5,000 ft/lbs, its a tank. buy one now

4.38 out of 5 stars

Fun, Fun, Fun

reecee3, 07/15/2012
2004 Jeep Liberty Sport Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Liberty in 05 with 6,000 miles on the odometer. I now have 190,000 miles and she is running strong. I have had to do some minor maintenance, but I have driven her all over the country and frankly done so at high speeds. My friends call the car the silver bullet because I have a lead foot. The car has never left me stranded and is very fun to drive. Dropping the back seats is a breeze and I can fit tons of luggage or furniture it it. I am now looking for a newer model and hoping I love it like I love this little Liberty. If I didn't have to travel, I would keep it to drive around town because I love it so much!

4.63 out of 5 stars

LOVED IT

Sean Jackson, 03/24/2015
2004 Jeep Liberty Sport Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I had a 2004 Liberty 2wd I purchased in 2007 with 20k miles. Other than the window motors on the drivers side going out all I ever had to do was change a couple headlight bulbs, change the oil, and 2 sets of tires. Never even put a set of brakes on the thing! It handled everything I threw at it and I never once thought twice about driving it across the country. I sold it with 180k miles on it in 2014 and I absolutely miss it. I will be in the market for a 4 door Wrangler soon!

4.13 out of 5 stars

Wonderful with flaws

camrice, 07/31/2013
2004 Jeep Liberty Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Wonderful car, fabulous on the highway or in the city, good engine noise down low, and a great throaty roar up top. Short wheelbase makes parking a breeze but sacrifices ride comfort and interior space. 5 people is a squeeze unless one or more is a small child. fun to drive in the city, corners well when not driving extremely aggressively, perfect for whipping around backstreets. However, when you really push it it does feel like it will roll, which is a sacrifice made to provide ground clearance for off roading. Speaking of off roading, this thing can handle anything a sensible person can throw at it. Indiana snow is no match for the 4-wheel drive, weather in low or high settings.

12345...86