2021 Jeep Cherokee SUV Consumer Reviews

$27,210

Save as much as $207
Select your model:

Pros
Cons
3 out of 5 stars

Dissappointed

J Thompson, 02/14/2021
80th 4dr SUV 4WD (3.2L 6cyl 9A)

I purchased the limited edition 80th anniversary Jeep Cherokee because I loved the look, handling and the price was right with factory employee discount. Less than 1500 miles on the vehicle and it's been in twice for service the last two days, today the vehicle won't stay started. I was told last evening that there was a bad relay sensor, which was replaced. This morning the car started, but turned off almost immediately. Not good for a brand new "showroom" vehicle.

4 out of 5 stars

Joy to drive

Bob, 03/15/2021
Latitude 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

Attractive small suv, its ergonomics are very good. Seats are comfortable arm rest is in the right place to hold the wheel comfortably. The car is much quieter inside than my previous suv. Lots of tech that I’m still getting used to.

My new Jeep

bmwcharlie, 02/01/2021
Limited 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 9A)

Time for a new lease as my Tiguan went back. I looked at a new Tiguan, Subaru Outback, Jeep Cherokee and the Volvo X 40. I chose the Jeep Cherokee. The Jeep felt the most substantial by far. I was surprised by the cheap plastic center in the Subaru and the Volvo. The Tiguan was all plastic but for 289.00 a month all in (including all taxes and fees) the Tiguan Se was the least expensive vehicle I have ever leased. The same equipped Tiguan was 370.00 a month. I really missed the heated steering wheel from my previous BMW so it was a must for my new lease. A Tiguan with a heated steering wheel was 407.00 a month. I set out for a new compact SUV for 350.00 a month. I never thought of leasing a Jeep but in my budget it kept coming up so I test drove it. I knew instantly this would be my next vehicle. I leased a Jeep Cherokee V6 Limited with Elite Pkg. for 381.00 a month including taxes and all fees. This was the most equipped car I ever had. Cooled seats front and back it even can parallel park. I love the remote start which automatically turns on the heated seats and steering wheel. This Jeep is on par with my X3. Which was 500.00 a month a new one 700. a month to lease. Value wise this is the best vehicle you will find. It took months of tracking prices and negotiating for me to get this price. The Jeep ride is great, acceleration is great too. The Volvo was slightly better but the Jeep was pretty close. It rides more like the X3. The info entertainment is easy to use intuitive and fast which really makes for a great driving experience. The Jeep is compact unlike the Tiguan which felt like you had so much space in the cabin. Handling is sharp seats are comfortable. Since it mainly me and one other person most of the time I can live with the snug cabin. I took Delivery at the end of November and have had no problems. Fit and finish is great so I am thinking it should be pretty reliable.

Love it!

Lp6781, 03/11/2021
Latitude Lux 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 9A)

This is my second Jeep Cherokee. I am totally blown away with this SUV. I love the color, the interior, the v6 the features, I could go on and on. I previously had a 4 cylinder and thought that it was way under powered. I recommend everyone I know to test drive a Jeep Cherokee, they will be hooked as I am.

Spectacular Vehicle

Nate, 12/30/2020
Trailhawk 4dr SUV 4WD (3.2L 6cyl 9A)

I needed an SUV with some real off-road ability while maintaining on-road drivability, and this has come through in spades. It drives beautifully, and its off-roading ability is supurb. Just a first class combination. I am not one of those people that buy a 4x4 because I "might" need it. I do need it because I hike, snowshoe, go to the dunes, do off-roading, etc. I have already done very technical off-road trails, went through deep snow and mud, and driven on dunes, and it has handled them all beautifully, and I have had all the power and torque that I needed on road and off. There are a lot of smart details that I love about this. As an example: when driving on the sand, you need to lower the psi in your tires. Well, when you are back on the road, you need to air up your tires again. When airing up, the Trailhawk will actually honk the horn when your psi is correct. When I was in the snow, it automatically turned on the heated seats and steering wheel. Those are just a few of the details that have set the bar to a new limit. A few cons are the gas milage and purported reliability, but I will have to see about maintenance issues down the road. My second choice for a vehicle was going to be the Subaru Forester, but I can guarantee you I have already been in situations where the Forester would have been stuck in the mud, both figuratively and literally....