2017 Jeep Cherokee SUV Consumer Reviews - 41 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Jeep Cherokee SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cherokee model:

2017 Jeep Cherokee lemon suspension !
By Travelin Kate

2017 Jeep Cherokee SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

April 2017, I bought this suv. A extended warranty from head to toe on this suv is a must have! Around town under 20 mpg. 16,888 miles you heard wobble noise. the front end suspension was replaced. Under warranty. 37, 2600 engine started cutting out. Drove to dealer. Starter coil replaced. Extended warranty covered. I had to rent a car. Now the wobble noise has returned. Next week appt at a different dealership than I used in October. Update, 8/31, the front tires bearings replaced. Now my fbrake petals are up higher. Nope back bearings not replaced.
And suv has same or similar wobble noises again. Yes I will return to dealwrzhip to check the problem. I regret buying this 2017 Cherokee. The radio turns on when I start car is a DUM feature. AC air flow for back seat is not strong.

Do you like buying car parts ?
By Blair

2017 Jeep Cherokee SUV Altitude 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

If the weather gets too hot you have to replace the battery. When it rains you have to replace the coil pack. I have yet to see whats going to happen when it snows or if I have to drive in extreme cold. If you like to replace car parts based on weather conditions then this is the car for you. Also the salesman was very disappointed when I elected not to buy warranty . I am wondering now is it because he know this car has issues. Not only that I am harassed daily by people selling vehicle warranty , I block the phone number they call from a different number they too know this car has issues and I will need them soon. This car may last one more year when the last payment is made and I can guarantee you that I will never by another Jeep .

Great SUV
By Brett

2017 Jeep Cherokee SUV Latitude 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

Fuel economy could be better and a Jeep should come with skid plates and recovery points standard. Other than those issues it's a great SUV.

MPG Performance is a Scam
By BurntJeep Owner

2017 Jeep Cherokee SUV 75th Anniversary 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

Beautifully designed car, but JEEP has a very long way to go with their engines. We fell in love with the JEEP Cherokee 75th Anniversary edition and decided to buy the car back in February 2017. After owning it for 2 months, it was instant regret. Instead of averaging an mpg of 27 miles, we can barely get it to do 17-18 miles (and that’s driving it as gently as possible). Please don’t make the mistake we’ve made, and save yourself the aggregation. I am already looking to trade-in or sell the car, for a more fuel efficient. Completely unacceptable for a company that has been built if SUVs for nearly a century. There should be a class action law suit for Jeep’s deceptive MPG score-card on the window sticker of their vehicles.

Sweet spot
By Top family pick guy

2017 Jeep Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

This vehicle is solid built and priced well. With this jeep, im not worried if i can get places when the weather is rough or just bad in general. I dont even have a top of the trim package and it has shown that it can take on most of what i throw at it. Snow nasty thunderstorm downpours and road debris is no problem. Light off roading doesnt even phase it like SUVs. Is this vehicle in the non-trailhawk trim going to take you on extreme trails-probably not. But it provides you the piece of mind that when other SUVs cant make it this vehicle will. Oh, my kids just love this Jeep also. Plenty of room to bring there toys and toys and toys and toys. Its quite enough that they can fall asleep even on bumpy roads to. For adults we have all our grownup toys(electronics) built in with the 840 radio system and instruments cluster..or use the power/hook up options they have in pretty handy locations