2017 Jeep Cherokee SUV Consumer Reviews - 41 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Jeep Cherokee SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cherokee model:

Do you like buying car parts ?
By Blair

2017 Jeep Cherokee SUV Altitude 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

If the weather gets too hot you have to replace the battery. When it rains you have to replace the coil pack. I have yet to see whats going to happen when it snows or if I have to drive in extreme cold. If you like to replace car parts based on weather conditions then this is the car for you. Also the salesman was very disappointed when I elected not to buy warranty . I am wondering now is it because he know this car has issues. Not only that I am harassed daily by people selling vehicle warranty , I block the phone number they call from a different number they too know this car has issues and I will need them soon. This car may last one more year when the last payment is made and I can guarantee you that I will never by another Jeep .

Great SUV
By Brett

2017 Jeep Cherokee SUV Latitude 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

Fuel economy could be better and a Jeep should come with skid plates and recovery points standard. Other than those issues it's a great SUV.

MPG Performance is a Scam
By BurntJeep Owner

2017 Jeep Cherokee SUV 75th Anniversary 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

Beautifully designed car, but JEEP has a very long way to go with their engines. We fell in love with the JEEP Cherokee 75th Anniversary edition and decided to buy the car back in February 2017. After owning it for 2 months, it was instant regret. Instead of averaging an mpg of 27 miles, we can barely get it to do 17-18 miles (and that’s driving it as gently as possible). Please don’t make the mistake we’ve made, and save yourself the aggregation. I am already looking to trade-in or sell the car, for a more fuel efficient. Completely unacceptable for a company that has been built if SUVs for nearly a century. There should be a class action law suit for Jeep’s deceptive MPG score-card on the window sticker of their vehicles.

Sweet spot
By Top family pick guy

2017 Jeep Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

This vehicle is solid built and priced well. With this jeep, im not worried if i can get places when the weather is rough or just bad in general. I dont even have a top of the trim package and it has shown that it can take on most of what i throw at it. Snow nasty thunderstorm downpours and road debris is no problem. Light off roading doesnt even phase it like SUVs. Is this vehicle in the non-trailhawk trim going to take you on extreme trails-probably not. But it provides you the piece of mind that when other SUVs cant make it this vehicle will. Oh, my kids just love this Jeep also. Plenty of room to bring there toys and toys and toys and toys. Its quite enough that they can fall asleep even on bumpy roads to. For adults we have all our grownup toys(electronics) built in with the 840 radio system and instruments cluster..or use the power/hook up options they have in pretty handy locations

Firmwear update?! WHAAaa? and engine mounts?
By Tcorrie

2017 Jeep Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.2L 6cyl 9A)

OK, let me start by saying. I have a 17 jeep cherrokee. its black on black on black. V6 (3.2 L) I bought this new from the dealer. I have just over 20k on it now. About 2 months ago my wife comes too me and says the check engine light is on. So i take it to the auto shop down the road and get the code read for me. Its a master Clutch sensor problem. Now I when't to the dealer to have them look at the jeep. (they didn't know I already knew what the code was) I was educated about a new firmwear update. for the computer on the jeep. witch tells the trans when to shift. I havent had any problems with the shifting since the new update. And the dealership was fast and freindly. Now... the engine mounts... This is a problem that is just starting to develope. when i shift into reverse i hear a pop and the same going into drive. I belive it to be the engine mounts. Going to the dealership this week to have it looked at. im still under warrenty. Other than that. Great SUV. lots of pep. and rides really nice. Dont care for the headlights. there great on a flat road. but if up hit a hill they cut off about 20ft in front of you. Its hard to explain. you would have to drive on at night to see what i mean.