Used 1992 Jeep Cherokee SUV Consumer Reviews

Used Cherokee for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...10

Pros
Cons
3.88 out of 5 stars

love hate relationship

habsitual, 06/03/2005
Sport 4dr SUV

Okay, let me say I love my Jeep. But, I've had some overheating problems since day 1. Replaced radiator and components, I still have to get a radiator flush a couple times every summer. I'm told the engine block has internal corrosion causing the blockage. I've got 200,000 miles on my Jeep and can't really complain although buyers should be aware there's going to be upkeep but there's plenty of wrecks to pick from and aftermarket parts. It's loud too and a bit of a gas hog. It's going to be hard to drive something else though, they don't make them like this anymore.

3.5 out of 5 stars

reliable, efficient, powerful

Gordon Lanning, 11/23/2005
Sport 4dr SUV

Purchased my Jeep new. Change the oil every 3 thousand miles using Mobil 1. At 13 thousand miles under warranty head gasket replaced, known issue for some serial numbers. At 161 thousand still has original transmission, ball joints, tie rods, brake parts. Replaced radiator twice until I got smart and got brass tanks and brass core radiator. I have replaced AC expansion valve, starter and steering column. Have broken drivers seat but I am a big ole boy also. Do your maintenance, it pays. I would take this vehicle any where from coast to coast or border to border and not think twice or worry.

3.75 out of 5 stars

4.75 out of 5 stars

92 Cherokee Laredo

cyerby2326, 02/25/2009
Laredo 4dr SUV

I bought the Jeep with about 150k miles on it. Now has about 230k. Still has original motor, trans, a/c components and many other things. Had to replace tie rods and ball joints at 200k and other minor stuff along the way. I love it. I have since bought A 98 Cherokee. I love it too.

3.63 out of 5 stars

The Gold Rimed Jeep

Camaroman21, 08/03/2002
Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

This car has a lot of miles on it and it has lasted through three teenage drivers. Good condition for being 10 years old.

12345...10