Used 2013 Jaguar XJ Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Jaguar XJ Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XJ model:

SEXY...COMFORT...POWER...ECONOMY...GORGEOUS
By Alan

2013 Jaguar XJ 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

This is the most underrated Luxury car out there. The experts seem to be biased due to ancient history. When it comes to the essentials of a SPORTY LUXURY CAR, the XJ JAGUAR! Powerful, quick, comfortable ECONOMICAL. I GET 35 Miles per gallon on highway and about 25 to 30 around town. If you want to accelerate quickly you’ve got it. People comment all the time about this beautiful it is. I’ve owned LS Lexus, Mercedes S class, bmw. In certain features each is superior. But overall this has best of the best for exterior, interior beauty with economical powerful performance.

Mercedes S550 vs Jaguar XJL
By Sam

2013 Jaguar XJ XJL Supercharged 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl S/C 8A)

I have had the fortune of owning both a Mercedes S550 and Jaguar Supercharged XJL. I loved both cars but the jaguar has held my attention and interest much longer. It has the IT-factor for me. It is absolutely fun to drive and every time someone gets in it they comment how much they love it. There is something special about jaguar!!!! Both are exceptional cars but this one is just super cool. I dont

Jaguar XJL portfolio, awesome car
By Bill A

2013 Jaguar XJ XJL Portfolio 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

After you buy one you will not want to drive anything but a Jaguar. I have owned many fine cars but the Jag is so comfortable, quiet, plush, and powerful, it makes my Lincolns, and Mercedes pale by comparison, and the Jag costs less than the my Benz. Since purchase in 2013, nothing has broken. For required service the dealer picks up my car and leaves me a new Jag to use and delivers my car back to me. On trips the Jag delivers 30 mpg ! Where ever I go people look at it and comment how good it looks. Back seat passengers are in awe of the space. I am about to buy another one. I dislike only one thing, the engine shuts off at stop lights etc and restarts when you take your foot off the brake, very stupid idea, thank goodness there is an "eco" button to disable it. I LIKED THIS CAR SO MUCH I TRADED IT FOR A NEW ONE. THE NEW ONE HAS A FEW MORE FEATURES AND IS OF THE SAME SUPERB QUALITY, TROUBLE FREE FOR THE LAST 4 THOUSAND MILES. BUT I STILL HATE THE AUTOMATIC SHUTOFF, RE START IDIOTIC IDEA, THANK GOODNESS IT CAN BE SHUT OFF WITH THE "ECO" BUTTON. AWESOME CAR!

The exceptional Jaguar XJL
By D.W. Smith

2013 Jaguar XJ 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

It is a big comfortable car. It is beautiful to look at and to drive. You will get noticed in this car! If you are looking for a fine automobile, you cannot go wrong with the Jaguar XJL.

Welcome to my gentleman's stage of life
By cbrandi

2013 Jaguar XJ 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

I've owned performance oriented cars of all stripes. This is my first tilt into the luxury side of the equation. I've had two previous Jaguars and loved them, being fast, comfortable and beautiful. I like the fact that these cars stand apart from the German crowd. They offer color choices and interior choices unlike the German boredom. BTW I've owned several German cars too.

"grace, pace and space"sums up the classic Jaguar. My XJ is true to the brand's identity. It's beautiful, fast and very comfortable. The interior is like a gentleman club room, leather, wood and chrome. The car's all aluminum and so lighter and more agile then its size would suggest. It's fast and handles well. Gas milage is excellent for such a large car too.

make adaptive cruise control standard.