Used 2012 Jaguar XF Consumer Reviews - 10 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Jaguar XF Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XF model:

2012 jag portfolio
By Ray Sims

2012 Jaguar XF Portfolio 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

This has been the most reliable car i have ever had. That includes GMC Denali, Mercedes E, Acura NSX, Porsche, BMW 7 series, Ford Explorer.

My swaguar
By Rudd

2012 Jaguar XF Portfolio 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

Str8 luxury my wife don't like to get out ..she just wants to keep riding..but I ride on the weekends only..such a good purchase this far...

A unique driving experience
By Brian Eliasek

2012 Jaguar XF Portfolio 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

I owned this car for 3.5 years before I was recently T-boned and the car totaled. I loved this car. Great interior and exterior design. Handled beautifully and a great feel behind the wheel of the 5.0. However, the navigation was not comparable to the German competitors even when I bought it in 2013...Can't give it 5 stars for that reason. Overall recommend this year and model however. I am in the market again and hoping that the 2017's "S" model is 5 star worthy!

I wish I could love this car more but....
By Ren

2012 Jaguar XF Portfolio 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

A few months after purchasing the vehicle used with 45k miles a coolant leak developed. Lucky me because this happened at 49k miles and it has a 4 year/50k mile warranty. The dealership stood by Jaguar's warranty and helped me. It took 3 trips to the dealer to get it fixed. They ended up replacing the coolant reservoir the first time, the Y pipe the second time, and the 3rd try was the charm having replaced a hose that was leaking. Although frustrating to have those issues and keep having to go back to the dealer, the actual dealership was great to work with and ended up getting it resolved, they gave me a loaner car 2 of the 3 times. That is the type of issue that can happen to any car so I'm not knocking the vehicle TOO much there. The exclusivity, looks, style, used value, etc. on this car are pretty unbeatable. I specifically only looked for 2012's because in 2012 was the first year of the model refresh giving it the unbelievably seductive headlights and tail lights and more refreshes, but 2012 is also the LAST year of the standard 5.0 L V8 motor. Car is great to drive, great to be seen in, comfortable seats, great sound system on the portfolio trim. The brisk, effortless acceleration from the v8 delivers lots of laughs and is high on the giggle meter. Preventative Maintenance costs aren't TOO bad as long as you avoid the dealer for that, I got a full synthetic oil change, fluids topped off, fuel injectors cleaned, 4 wheel-alignment, flat tire repair, different tire installed, and 2 air filters replaced all for $245. 1 problem is the interior build quality has developed a squeak/rattle. I call it an "expansion and contraction" rattle because it only rattles/squeaks in hot temperatures or when the car has been in the sun all day..it doesn't rattle at all during the winter or cold mornings. Would I buy a 2012 XF again? Ehh..now that they are out of warranty I'd probably opt for an in-warranty supercharged V6 XF of a later year. Anything major breaking on this Jag out of warranty will be back breaking. Oh one last thing: I don't know if I am idiot...or if this was completely skipped in the building of my spec, but my car does not have child safety anchors. The indicators on the leather seats, that tell you where they should be...point to an area behind the seat that does not have a safety anchor...scratching my head on this one.

Jags should not get a bad rap
By dwightex

2012 Jaguar XF 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

2012 XF has been trouble free, excellent handling, comfortable, and tremendous acceleration. A Beautiful car, I put 1800 miles so far (having bought it used) and have not had anything go wrong whatsoever