2017 Jaguar F-PACE Consumer Reviews - 48 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Jaguar F-PACE Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-PACE model:

Well, I wanted a car with personality...
By Andrew

2017 Jaguar F-PACE 35t Prestige 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

Short version is that this is a great car for a driving enthusiast that enjoys a fun ride on a curvy highway. As a daily driver dealing with stop and go traffic in the city, there are far better options. I've have my 2017 F-Pace 35T for about 8 months now. I have the upgraded InControl Touch Pro infotainment system. I originally purchased it as a CPO with only 7200 miles on it. Great way to save some $$ and get an extended warranty and still be within the "breaking-in" period for a new car. While there is a lot to love about this car, there are some significant issues that cannot be overlooked. I'll start with what I love about the car so this doesn't feel like a total gripe session. This is easily the most sporty and attractive looking Crossover on the road today. It has great passing power. The car strongly accelerates when you are already at speed. Responsive infotainment system with customized screens. High quality leather seating surfaces and a quiet cabin. Throaty engine noise. Plenty of cargo space in the rear with the seats up. Tight steering and a fantastic turn radius. The cargo door opens and closes really quickly. Unfortunately, there are some design issues that really detract from the car. First off is the small gas tank. 16.6 Gallons is too small for a Crossover with only "acceptable" fuel economy. I do mostly city driving and am filling up every 250 miles (often less). The infotainment sometimes takes a while to boot up properly. The convenience controls are also in odd places. The window controls sit at the top the door by the window while the memory controls are down on the armrest. The start button is where the volume knob should be and the volume knob is where the tuning knob should sit. Oh, and there is no physical tuning knob. Also, there is far too much plastic on the interior for a $60k car. Higher end models get more leather wrapped surfaces, but Jaguar cheaped out on the Prestige model. Small object storage is also pretty weak. Not enough places to store your everyday items especially if you want to keep them out of site. Oh, and the rear seats do not fold flat. It is a matter of preference, but for a daily driver, I think the suspension is way too tight. You will feel every bump and imperfection in the road. Add in the creaking noise I get out of the back (either from the rear seats or the suspension - Jaguar can't figure it out or fix it apparently) and it can make for an aggravating daily drive. My biggest issue though is probably the sluggish start from a dead stop. Unless I am really aggressive, the car just doesn't start quickly from 0 in Normal mode. Have to put it in Dynamic mode for good city driving but this kills the fuel economy. Also, I'd like the option to permanently disable the Auto-Stop. It is a horrible feature that should never have been put on the car. Having to turn it off every time I start the car is annoying. Last issue is the parking sensors. They work fine if the car is in reverse, but the front sensors don't activate without pushing an additional button on the touchscreen (and that doesn't always get them working). Add in the auto-stop feature and parking in a tight garage can be tedious. Sorry for the gripe session, I just had to get that all off my chest. The rest of the car is great. Really.

Ammonite gray performance SUV, a fast cat!
By Gene H.

2017 Jaguar F-PACE 35t Prestige 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

The F-Pace is a wonderful road car! smooth and quiet on most road surfaces. Not so much going over speed bumps... very stiff... go slowly! Performance with the 3.0 supercharged engine is almost Tesla-like. Instant acceleration when needed. I agree with another reviewer's comment about needing a few more gallon capacity. 16.5 is a bit short of ideal. I get 260 - 280 miles per tank around town. Highway mileage is around 330 - 380 miles, depending on traffic. My best is 26 mpg from Carmel, CA to Orange county CA. Overall I've enjoyed my F-Pace for the 2 years I've owned it. It's quiet and very solid feeling, great carrying capacity, as well as reasonable mileage for a performance SUV along the lines of the Porsche Macan, Alfa Stevio, and Maserati Lavente... at a more reasonable price.

Costly
By Susan

2017 Jaguar F-PACE 20d 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

I enjoyed my car for the first month or two that is until I encountered a chip in my windshield. I had it repaired however the chip ended up traveling and the windshield had to be replaced. (A $1,300+ replacement). Now 6 months after owning the vehicle I'm experiencing more chips with the possibility of having it replaced again. I live in a small town with little traffic so the car has little exposure to road debris such as rocks etc.. The windshield is fragile and sounds like breaking glass anytime something hits it leaving me to see $$$$ signs.

Amazing luxury car
By Joanna

2017 Jaguar F-PACE 35t Prestige 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

The technology in this car is great. The app on my phone is very helpful with all the information it offers, as welll as starting my car and placing the temperature at the right comfort. It drives very smooth and quiet. I am very happy with my decision to purchase this car.

Check Engine Light
By Tony

2017 Jaguar F-PACE 20d Prestige 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

Check engine light came on first 250 miles. Dealer had car for 12 days, Can't find the problem. Rest light, Used it to run personal errands by dealer. Check engine light on for second time while on vacation. 500 miles later it went out. Dealer said don't worry about it. Several months later. Check engine light on for 3rd time. Had car for 8 days replaced vacuum hose. One month later Check engine light on. Still waiting to hear back from deal what the problem is. During this time the car has had problems with information system. Radio changes pages randomly with no input. Change from sirius to am without input. Dealer has worked on it several times. Has gotten better but still changes without input,