Used 2016 INFINITI QX80 Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific QX80 model:

Front grill peels
By Jason

2016 INFINITI QX80 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 7A)

Has a bad problem with the front grill. And couldn’t they will not do anything to help.

2 Day Drive to the Mountains
By Car Enthusiast

2016 INFINITI QX80 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 7A)

Rented this car for a 2 day mountain trip. When I first stepped into the car, the traction control off light was on. The car also shifts really weird in Auto, 4H or 4L modes. It either jerks you right off your seat when you step on it or shifts too quickly to where you can feel the automatic transmission shifting 5x in one second. Brakes were also difficult to control as the downshifting also made the car jerk as it is slowing down. Car reached 5200rpm at 72 mph, with a redline at about 6200rpm, which made me afraid to push the car any harder as I was afraid it might blow up at a higher speed. This big SUV also loves to guzzle gas and we were down to a quarter of a tank after 2.5 hr drive. The visibility to the outside was good and it was comfortable for passengers not in the back row, but the interior was kind of small considering the huge size of the car. Barely able to fit 6 adults with luggage. HVAC is finickly and seems to be "hunting" the correct setpoint temperature as you get frequent waves of hot air followed by cold air without touching the controls.

Qx80 backup camera Disappointment
By ASI

2016 INFINITI QX80 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 7A)

My review is negative because of the car quality not the overall company because I had a great experience with the local dealer here. I'm very disappointed with the QX80 2018: Quality of the backup camera and the 360 degrees cameras, this is by far the worst quality of cameras in the car market! It looks like a camera from 10 years ago. The car also love gas too much, I'm averaging 11 miles in the city and 13.5 in the highway, I had big engine cars all my life and this car is the worst in that department. You would expect when you pay over 75k for a car with normal backup camera, that's my biggest complaint with the car!!! At night you can’t even see anything.

Infinity 2016 QX80 depreciation
By Ripoff

2016 INFINITI QX80 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 7A)

Car is great overall however the Infinity QX80 does not hold its value and expect To take a huge loss if you plan on selling you're used QX80. I bought mine a little over 1-year ago with a sticker price of 81K and now 1-year later it's valued at 48K, a 30K + drop in 1-year. I will never buy a Infinity again

Does not hold Value
By Kent

2016 INFINITI QX80 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 7A)

We bought a 2016 QX80 loaded as possible just below the Limited version, price range around 80,000 - 90,000. In less than 1 year the vehicle is now worth 40,000-50,000. Infiniti's large SUV does not hold their value. We were sold on it being an elite luxury vehicle, very fast realized it does not hold a candle to our prior SUV. We regret buying this vehicle and feel stuck because how fast it is losing money. 1 yr update, still stuck because how far upside down we are.