Used 2008 INFINITI QX56 Consumer Reviews - 37 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 INFINITI QX56 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific QX56 model:

Best car I have ever owned. Still rolling 248K
By Alaynna

2008 INFINITI QX56 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I cannot stress enough that MAINTENANCE, MAINTENANCE, MAINTENANCE will keep your vehicle in top running condition. This includes cleaning the interior and exterior at regular intervals, because you know, your car drives and rides better when its clean :). Purchased used in 2010 with 28k miles from Atlanta. We have owned many Porsche's, BMW's, Ford Expedition, etc. This Infiniti ( 2008 QX56) is the best car we have ever owned. We purchased an extended warranty (100K additional miles) at 95k for $2400 from Carchex years ago in fear of a major catastrophe repair required before we were ready to replace " The Box" (one of many pet names). I'm pretty sure we didn't use the value of the warranty before it expired at 200k It slept in the garage all night but lived outside during the day. It rides and drives like a dream and we have taken it across the country. Minimal expected wear on the interior. Other than rock chips, no damage except for a small pea size dot on the back tailgate. My 2 girls grew up in this car. When we travel, we move into the car. Knock on wood, we have never been stranded in this vehicle. It has serious get up and go for a "bread truck" as we sometimes lovingly refer to it. Yes, at a gas expense. We do go through the effort of only having it serviced at the local Ray Brandt Infiniti dealership (40 miles away) where our service advisers have become like family. We have had no catastrophic failures with the engine, transmission, electrical or cooling/heating. Probably the most costly has been the struts. Then the brakes. Both I consider maintenance items. Oil changes are completed locally every 3-4K. Currently, I have 2 TPS sensors that are dead. Other than that everything on the car is operational. I just purchased a used Porsche Panamera and I refuse to get rid of my Infiniti. I LOVE THE BOX.

Owned almost 100 vehicles,this one is my FAVORITE
By Mike Marshall

2008 INFINITI QX56 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Had 2002 Lincoln and it was OK but usually lower quality ford plastic parts, problems but was not looking until I saw this one for sale in Nov 2016 with 117K miles on it with all options except unneeded 4 wheel drive. Shocked at how nice of a car/muscle car/SUV/truck it is! This 400 ft lb of torque burns rubber and MOVES 0-60 in 7 seconds with the exhaust growl of a muscle car! The seat is as comfortable as my old Caddy Eldo seats but even better heated. Back seats heated and recline! BOSE stereo system with CD recorder built in! Have the full optional entertainment package ($3000 when new) that is amazing. So many options and gadgets that I still have not figured out how to use after owning it for 16 months. 2008 def. looks nicer than previous years with extra chrome everywhere and a much nicer interior as nice as a Mercedes S600 I once owned. Best looking SUV on the road, it has a "buffed" muscular look to it and an exhaust growl to match. It does have some "blind spots" that one must learn to watch, esp. at night with tinted windows. Just a few minor repair issues that come with buying a 9 year old SUV with 117K miles on it. Sits high, goes like a muscle car, carries 8 passengers or lots of stuff, love the power reclining rear seats. Keyless is nice. Nav. needs to be updated by dealer every few years which I have not done. Parts are expensive like all others and it is a luxury car with lots to go wrong when so heavily optioned. Gas as mentioned is bad but that's why it moves like a muscle car which I like. I did expect to get better than 12.9mpg on road trip to Phoenix from San Diego, so a little disappointed in that (3 total people and luggage only) Thought I'd get 16+. Oh well, I did not buy it for mgp, but instead for ALL ELSE. One GREAT vehicle and will keep long term, even think it looks better than the 2011 redesign (not as macho looking!)

RUST!
By nefouse

2008 INFINITI QX56 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

After only a few years the frame on this $65,000 full size SUV began to rust.

It's hard to have a favorite feature when the truck starts rusting

Solve the rust issue. There is no way this should truck should have rust

Very Nice
By Family Man

2008 INFINITI QX56 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have now been driving this Truck for a 2 weeks. I did a small road trip around 400 mile. This truck has a very smooth ride. I would compare to more of a sedan ride. The technology is very user friendly. The cabin is loaded with comfort. The 3rd row is great for little kids which I have. The Dvd is nice and the back cabin heater/ac. The captain chairs in the 2nd row are very nice along with the push button seats. The drivers control area is well thought out. The only real problem with the Truck is the fuel economy. I am getting 11 mpg in city and 16 mgp highway. One has to be able to afford the gas. If you are driving more than 1000 miles a month I would not buy this truck.

The sonor for the cruise control might be the coolest thing since navi. to come out. The smooth ride for a truck this big is awesome. User friendly technology. Very Safe truck. The overall luxury is top of its class.

Fuel Economy. I bought the truck thinking I was going to get around 14 mpg. I am getting 11 in the city and I am driving slow with 2 wheel drive on. On the radio you can only program 6 channels. On a $61,000 truck I should be able to program 12.

2 yrs later- we'd still buy again
By keg97

2008 INFINITI QX56 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

We cross shopped tons of large SUVs (MB GL450, Armada, Toyota Sequoia & Land Cruiser, GMC Denali, Cadillac Escalade, Lexus LX570, ) and this was the obvious choice. The 08 interior upgrade is dramatic and makes this truly feel like a luxury SUV. Lots of technology/luxury (HID lights, keyless start, HDD Navi, Front/Rear Sonar, intelligent cruise control, rear Camera, heated steering wheel, power 3rd row seat etc.) that make this truck feel like a million bucks. The interior is very flexible. We have the bench seat and 2 car seats and can still get 2-3 adults in the 3rd row. We take several trips/year from VA to HH, SC and can get 16/17 MPG even w/Thule box on top. No issues with reliabilty

Heated steering wheel, keyless go, Hard Drive Navi with traffic alerts, front/rear sonar, intelligent cruise control, tons of room. Top notch fit/finish. Great dealer experience and excellent reliability

The styling is ok- it has a face only a mother could love. Then again my wife (who has great taste in things- at least besides her choice in husbands) thinks that it looks classy yet tough and capable. Gas mileage is an obvious concern but what do you expect from a 5K lb truck that can tow 9K lbs