Used 2003 INFINITI M45 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 108 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 INFINITI M45 Sedan Consumer Reviews

Base 4.5L V8 5-speed Automatic - (108 reviews )

The Original M45, a thinking man's perf. car
By Tarek Wally

2003 INFINITI M45 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

In my opinion the styling is timeless, has aged well, and is very distinctive. I always have people coming up to me asking what it is, particularly in the captivating Red Garnet Fire paint. The acceleration is amazing, even more so at freeway speeds when you put the pedal down, the 5 speed auto downshifts to third and in no time you're at triple digit speeds, all the while the 4 cam V8 sounds exhilarating and happily loves to rev. Thankfully the 4 wheel discs slow with authority. In winter or slick conditions it's smart to be gentle on the throttle and I had no worries when winter tires are swapped in. Having never been stuck in Minnesota winters is a tribute to the predictable nature of the chassis and good driving skills. The biggest drawback is fuel economy, followed by rear seat leg room. The only seat you need to care about is the driver seat. It's a big shame these are such rare cars.

It's Like driving a Race Horse
By Lori D. Moore

2003 INFINITI M45 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

If you want to take long cross country trips and are my age (63) then take breaks so you don't get sore. The seats are sports car seats, not plushy cushy seats. The suspension isn't soft or cushy either but let me tell you, hang onto your hat when you give it the gas!! You don't really need to slow down much to take a corner. There just isn't any body roll and this car can deliver. I grew up with the 1960's muscle cars and everything that went with it. I am female and a great grandmother, but I do enjoy driving in a sporty manner. Since I live in So Cal, I can drive the freeways with "authority". My M45 is 15 years old now and has 137K miles on it. Have NEVER had a repair on this car. Just the normal maintenance stuff. Now that it is older, there are more road noises that I hear and my CD player quit working but what would one expect at this age? The M45 doesn't like our dirt roads much and it doesn't absorb the stutter bumps very well but it does love a mountain road and a remote road where you can loosen up the reins and let her run. When you have it in the manual mode, it seems to lunge forward and you need to be prepared for that at a stop sign. Alot of people think the manual mode is worthless, but they don't let it wind out enough. Honestly, you need to have this car for a while and really learn how to drive it. In the years that I have had the M45, I have seen only 2 others like it. When I have taken to get tires or an oil change, the comments you hear are "This sure is a nice car and you don't see M's on the road" It is a very capable car especially for its weight but that is something I like because you feel like the car is solid and "on the road" not "floating above it". If you are looking for a strictly luxury car, then you probably won't think it's all that but if you want a combination of luxury and high performance, this is the one for you. The instrument panel some people find confusing but all you need to do is read your owners manual and you will see how easy it really is. There are multi-function controls so you need just to touch the component you wish to control and then look at the buttons numbered 1-6 and push the one that is appropriate. Easy peasy lemon squeezy!! THIS CAR IS SO MUCH FUN TO DRIVE!

M45
By jim large

2003 INFINITI M45 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

It's been a pleasure to drive. Very fast. Great steering.

Definitely an all around muscle car and more
By vitalydelvalle

2003 INFINITI M45 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased this car 1 year ago fully loaded with 65k miles on the clock. The car gets loads of attention and compliments, my mechanic always compliments the powerful v8 and many get surprised when they find out the car has 340 horses under the hood.

Ive had a few issues with the car, like the fuel gauge inaccuracy which has left me stranded a few times on the road. My camshaft position sensor failed me at around 75k miles. My only complaint is parts are scarce and everything must be special ordered from infiniti. Other than parts issues, recalls, and general maintenance this car is flawless.<br><br><br><br>

NICE Car Bad Back Seat
By logan2744

2003 INFINITI M45 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

Purchased the car about 8 months ago. It had 124,000 miles on it. I was on a local government auction site and saw it. I wasn't even looking for a car. I was actually looking for something else not car related. It had issues. Needed paint, starter, driver seat and some tlc. I checked for recalls and found that it had 2 recalls that needed to be done. Infiniti fixed them. While at the Infiniti Shop they saw that the gas gauge wasn't working properly. That was a $1000.00+ to repair. So after getting it painted, a new driver seat, starter and putting some tlc in it at an additional cost of $1000.00+ I finally think I have a great running car. Car has some get up to it.

The Get Up And Go. The look and style of it. Not very many of them out here so I feel I got something that could become a classic.

Rear back seat leg room. Wish they made it possible for you to upgrade to the Navigation system if you changed you mind down the road about having it. Mine did not have Navigation and I wish I could upgrade to the Navigation System.