Used 1996 INFINITI G20 Consumer Reviews - 28 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1996 INFINITI G20 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific G20 model:

How can I part with her and expect better?
By Janice B.

1996 INFINITI G20 4dr Sedan

Very reliable, comfortable sedan.

What an excellent car
By edgy

1996 INFINITI G20 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used in 2006 with about 117000 miles on it. I drove this car everywhere in the country. I used to do straight 1000 plus miles of driving on this car and I never had any problem. What a reliable and great car. It had close to 2250000 miles on it and it was getting old. Finally we had a major blizzard in the midwest recently and my car got stuck on the uphill and it started spinning wheels. I tried it too hard and it finally took me to home and next day it died. I don't know if it was a coincidence or it was its time, lost engine compression. Finally, I took it to Salvage Yard and sold it at the rate of scrape metal.
The sweetest thing is it died on my parking lot.

I liked its shifting, seats, and handling. Stick shift is such a fun car to drive. I had very great mileage on this car in both city and highway

Cupholder

Lots of Love for my G20
By nate45

1996 INFINITI G20 4dr Sedan

I bought my 96 G20 three years back with 118,000 and now have 160,000. It's been a great little car. I have had to perform a number of maintenance jobs on the car including a new water pump, new front axle and boot, new crank pully, and strangely one of my rear wheel bearings went bad. Other than that just regular maintenance. So it's not without it's faults. The car is quick, reliable and handles very well. It's fun to drive and for what you get for the price you can't beat it. The engine (Sr20) is one of the best engines of it's time.

MY BULLETPROOF G!
By Dame

1996 INFINITI G20 4dr Sedan

i ran this car into the ground!! i bought it as an alternative to the honda accord of the same year because everyone in my area had hondas.. i found the leather to be flimsy (not even close to the quality of acuras)and it ripped easily. its small size and zippy engine made it fun to drive in the streets and around corners but its no race car at all but its definitely an accord beater! i never had any maintenance on it for the 3 years i had it. i bought it with 60,000 and put close to 200,000 miles on it before the engine went and i was a poor owner so i imagine with regular maintenance it would last forever!

the size (for the cornering).. its handsome looks.. its zippy (not fast.. not race car) engine

better quality leather and cupholders!!

Great first car...
By Death50

1996 INFINITI G20 4dr Sedan

When I got my G20, it needed some work (new tires, struts, instrument cluster, battery) but aside from those repairs I have not had any trouble at all. It's great to drive and I enjoy the long distance trips in it. Could use a little more power under the hood but it still does great and doesn't cost me a lot at the pump. I'm very happy with this car and looking forward to making it a show car in the future.

Looks sporty on the outside and luxury on the inside. Seems like a great first car and looking forward to many more years with it.

Cup holders would have been nice and a little more power under the hood but that is about it.