Used 2016 Hyundai Veloster Consumer Reviews - 26 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Hyundai Veloster Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Veloster model:

Not a 19'
By Woody's Bro

2016 Hyundai Veloster Turbo Rally Edition 3dr Hatchback w/Black Interior (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

There is a newly revised 2019 model out now,but after viewing the base,Premium,Turbo,and R Spec interiors I was extremely disappointed.The quality of materials on the doors and the odd new center console sides are cheap plastics.The seats seem to be lifted from the Kia Soul,which most stand up comedians call DAD SEATS,or Lazyboy's...due to being wide.The ALL LEATHER my 2016 has with forming side bolsters are gone,and I HAVE NO IDEA WHY.The dash has a STANDUP radio that stays upright,which is very annoying and distracting.*The most distracting thing is the two OPPOSING body lines,the front arching and coming back CRAZY IVAN style.The rear dips down suddenly like an approaching overpass is too low.**Altogether the new 2019 doesn't even come close to my 2016 turbo with a fun six speed manual and quick thrust.I did not drive the 19',but the cheap interior and goofy sight lines ruin this car. My Veloster is unique looking,has a great interior,and is pretty quick for the price,If you buy a leftover 2017 with an auto and paddle shifters,they are almost gone but only $20k.

Blah, Sluggish, Jerky
By Pashanan

2016 Hyundai Veloster 3dr Hatchback w/Black Interior (1.6L 4cyl 6AM)

You have to floor the pedal just to move forward. My knee hurts just after 12-minute drive from the heavy pushing I have to do with my foot. Clumsy car. Very poor visibility to back sides or back, narrow windows. I end up looking out half through the sloping skylight. Primitive door-locking system. Only good thing I can say is it brakes very well. I would never buy such a car and can't wait to drop this car off at the rental agency. The car looks cool, but if you have driven anything decent in the past, you will find this car unacceptable. If you are young and have no experience with a smoother, better car, then you might not know the difference. I am shocked that a car this disappointing is even on the market.

2016 Veloster R Spec 10 month review
By Zbigniew Rzepczynski

2016 Hyundai Veloster Turbo R-Spec 3dr Hatchback w/Red Interior (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

The car was initially delivered with a battery with a dead cell. After 2 jump starts, covered by warranty, the battery was replaced by the dealer at no charge- pardon the pun. Since then the car has been totally reliable. The ride is a little harsh, but definitely livable. Whether it's due strictly to the suspension or the low profile tires, I'm not sure. The weighting of the steering is heavier than most cars and feels just right. By far and away the best feature of the car is the 6 speed manual transmission featuring the B&M sport shifter. Throws are short crisp positive and an absolute joy to use. The turbo roll on power is very satisfying. So far, my singular complaint is the lack of a spare tire--the car only comes with a flat fixing kit. As such, I'm looking at purchasing either self sealing or run flat tires. Fuel economy has been disappointing, averaging 25 mpg with non aggressive driving. Last October 2016, when I purchased mine, and for about four months following, Hyundai was offering a $4,000 discount on Velosters. In addition, I found a dealer offering an additional $2,550 discount, bringing the total discount to $6,550 on a car with a $22,540 MSRP. If you can equal this, you'll have an absolutely incredible bargain for a 201 horsepower turbo powered sporty car which, while not perfect, still a lot of fun.

The Hyundai to avoid if you want a car
By DislikesVeloster

2016 Hyundai Veloster Turbo 3dr Hatchback w/Black Interior (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

The engine has a problem with surging and hesitation. When you need to accelerate or merge on to the freeway, the Veloster will take off about one-third of the time. The rest of the time you press the accelerator, the Veloster will slowly speed up at best. Hyundai tells me the hesitation and surging are normal, and cannot fix the issue. The interior started to have problems after 2 months of ownership. Carpet coming up, floor mats falling apart, leather peeling off steering wheel and shifter, and a few loose plastic roof parts. After 3 weeks I had so many problems with the car I asked if I could return it.
The Veloster and Hyundai have been horrible from the day I purchased it.

My First Turbo.....
By Fawad Ahmed Qureshi

2016 Hyundai Veloster Turbo 3dr Hatchback w/Black Interior (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I drove Mustang EcoBoost, Camaro V6, Honda Accord Coupe with CVT Paddle shifting what a joke.... and some other cars, I was looking for some Fun, Excitement, Fast, Quick, has tons of Mods available. Then I drove Veloster Turbo 2014, last customer Modified it with BOV & Intake and what a sound and quickness that had. Made me think about it. Then I did the research to see what is good for me and best bang for the buck, And Veloster had everything what i want it and more... What I paid for 2016 Veloster Ultra Black with 7k on it None of the above car come close, and none had the features what Veloster has. Its fast I mean it fast I made my friends scream, Its small and fun to Drive. So far I'm Loving it. Best of all love one part as long you don't mess around with Engine or Transmission Hyundai will cover it for 10 years... 100k... Seriously. Neat little car I love driving it and Gas mileage is good too, I was spending over 40 a week and now under 20 a week, It use to took me 30 to 40min to work, now it take me 15 to 20min to work with Fun.......I love it... I'll keep it... I'll drive it...I'll enjoy it....