Used 2012 Hyundai Veloster Consumer Reviews

Used Veloster for Sale
Select your model:
12345...15

Pros
Cons

Blue 2012 Hyundai Veloster w/ Tech & Style Package

mitch_dh, 10/03/2011
3dr Hatchback w/Black Interior (1.6L 4cyl 6AM)

I just picked up this car a week ago and boy am I impressed. I traded in my 2005 Saab 9-3 Arc for this car and I have to say the Veloster blows the Saab out of the water. The standard features on this car are substantial from touch screen to blue tooth. Not to mention this car gets up to 40 mpg's on the highway, which is very good. I will say that the only thing that I miss is the speed from my last car, but the Veloster handles extremely wells and grips the road firmly, which I like. So far I am 100% happy with this car and am glad there are companies like Hyundai who understand "value" and honestly try and offer a customer everything at an amazing price point. It is also turns heads.

This car is a blast - surprised by some of the negatives out there...

natefighter, 11/06/2011
3dr Hatchback w/Black Interior (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

Didn't even know this car existed until a few weeks ago, when I went to a dealership to check out an Elantra. Went home and did some research and read some reviews - I have to admit I was leery. I commute 100 miles round trip everyday. I was looking to replace a 10 year old Accord. Also have 3 kids (one is an infant). I was looking for really good MPG and in this economy, didn't want to be dropping a lot of coin (read: VALUE) I went back and test drove the Veloster and absolutely loved it! Bought one. It really is a lot of fun to drive, regardless of the HP. the 6 speed manual is smooth. I easily get 30 city and 40-44 hwy (36-38 combined!) - after a solid month of driving.

Very fun car, questionable quality

rex81, 12/09/2011
3dr Hatchback w/Black Interior (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

First off, I really like this car. I bought it because I wanted something fun but practical. This is a perfect mix. The car handles great, the engine/transmission feels good, it has a TON of standard features, the full third door and roomy backseat are great for carrying kids, and the trunk is huge. I am constantly sitting at work itching to start my commute. Something I dreaded in my last car, a Toyota Yaris. So spending $18,000 out the door to get a car that does that is a really great value in my opinion. However, after driving it for 1,000 miles I'm questioning it's build quality. It's a brand new car so it's bound to have quirks, but it just doesn't feel as solid as my Toyota.

Fun Car_No issues with speed

attaymik37, 11/20/2011
3dr Hatchback w/Black Interior (1.6L 4cyl 6AM)

I researched the Veloster so when it was time to look they were just coming in and I didn't want the base model. Being my impatient self, I bought a Genesis Coupe (big mistake--different review) in Oct; just traded it in yesterday for the car I should have had in the first place, a black Veloster. The ride is smoother, more comfortable and the amenities are outstanding for a car in this class and price range. No disrespect to the Genesis (Coupe) but this car suits me so much better and I couldn't be happier!

Veloster speed

bkj50, 03/19/2012
3dr Hatchback w/Gray Interior (1.6L 4cyl 6AM)

I bougth this car to save gas(mainly) ... however, i'd like to address the issue of acceleration. This vehicle is not the fastest out of the blocks but not a creeper when driven correctly. It's pretty fast once that second gear is achieved. When driving the autoshift it's even faster, don't be afraid to step on the gas while going up hill in auto transmission but one should downshift a bit when attempting to gain more power when using the very smooth auto shift clutch. I luv this car, it a lot if fun to drive. This is a fun and semi powerful car for it's class when driven correctly.

12345...15