Skip to main content

37 for sale near you
1...

Better informed

PeterYamaha Anderson, S.C., 07/31/2023
2024 Hyundai Tucson Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 8A)

I am the proud owner of a 2024 Hyundai Tucson limited edition it being the second in a row a 2023 SEL Convenience. Overall, it has been one of the best cars that I have owned and I have owned quite a few. Different brands and models (I'm an old guy). While it is not a dragster, it's acceleration has been more than adequate driving around town and entering interstate ramps. You just have to know how to do it. I have read a number of reviews and none of them agree with the performance. 0-60 times have been recorded from 9.0 to 9.4 in most publications which is generally only a few tenths off of most other similar vehicles with similar engines. Edmund's has recorded a time of over 10 seconds which leads me to believe that they overloaded the car, they were driving it uphill with a head wind or it was pulling a light trailer. If their test did show the time recorded, why is the Tucson a slug and the others showing only a few tenths of a second faster adequate? Aside from that, the report was spot on. The Tucson offers much more than most of the cars in the same class.

A whole lotta smiles :)

Llamaman, Williams Lake, BC, C, 09/14/2023
2024 Hyundai Tucson Limited Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo gas/electric hybrid 6A)

After 3 weeks and a lot of driving, I am really impressed with this car. It has great getup and go off the start (actually works better if you don't floor it), more than enough juice to pass on highway speeds. I'm not sure the milage reads right, but I am getting 750km in town on hi-way. The ride is quiet (even road noise is very low), the steering is responsive, and the suspension rise smooth, even on dirt roads, without being to soft. Features like lane assist, adaptive cruise control, collision alerts, and parking assist all work great. Only two downers: 1) Because of the built in GPS with the 10.25" infotainment, wireless android autos won't work (tho you can buy a wireless donagle for that), and 2) the Bose system sounds pretty good in the front seats but the back speakers are vastly underpowered, and the system would have had better sound it had a small sub to handle some of the low range and keep it more out of the mids. Oh but the cooling feature onto he seats is awesome and the car is very comfortably. Still get a happy smile when I get in to drive it.

Best bang for the buck

Leo, 09/28/2023
2024 Hyundai Tucson Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 8A)

I picked up a 2024 Tucson Limited with AWD. I was really thinking an end-of-year 2023, but the price discount wouldn't offset the extra depreciation. I traded in a 2021 Tucson Ultimate. Insurance is about $20 a month higher for the new model. I'm surprised how much larger the 2024 is. Specs say only 6 inches, but it seems to take up a lot more space in the garage. Tons of room in the back seats and under the hatch. The new dash is taking some getting used to, and the shift selector definitely demands attention, as opposed to just grabbing the stick from the older generation. The ride is more comfortable, and the acceleration is better than I expected. When I first picked it up, the detail team accidentally left it in snow mode, and I was concerned about the hesitation. Once I caught on and set it on normal, the acceleration was fine. Don't get me wrong, I certainly would have loved the turbo from the Santa Fe or Genesis, but you aren't cringing and shutting off the A/C to get to freeway speeds, even with notoriously short Oklahoma on-ramps. My main reason for stepping up from the older model were the memory seats (long overdue), the autopark, and the autostart on the key fob instead of a wonky app that you have to pay a subscription for. The seats are comfortable and the drive is much better than I expected - comfy but not soft. There's more body roll than in the older model, but it's not bad. The 8 speed auto transmission is more refined than the previous model's 6 speed. I really like Smart Mode on the improved AWD system. The armrest is slightly higher and a little more forward than the older model, much better for road trips. You can personally customize a lot of features, interior, driving, door locks, etc. My biggest gripe after a month of ownership is the totally useless and completely-in-the-way paddle shifts. I'm not sure what marketing groups pushed for these... how many drag races will you be in while getting groceries, running errands, and road trips ? The choice of trim pieces is, well, questionable. The Limited comes with the black chrome grill, but all the side pieces are silver or silvered chrome. You end up with seven or eight colors on the outside of the car, making for a really busy exterior. They should have either included all the dark trim from the XRT line, or just used the SEL's silvered chrome front grill. Come on Hyundai, pick one... one.... I mean one. I also considered the GMC Terrain, but wasn't fond of their 1.5L engine pulling 4,000 pounds of truck There wasn't much selection of Terrains and the prices are substantially higher ($5K-ish) for similar trim lines. I also looked at the Mazda CX-5, but the deals weren't there. I actually prefer the cleaner, more refined look of the Terrain and CX-5. In the end, I think the Tucson is the best overall product at the best price.

Excessive Wind Noise

North FW Texas Driver, 10/25/2023
2024 Hyundai Tucson XRT 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 8A)

I bought a new Hyundai Tuscon XRT. The trim package rim is good, but you have to explore and get use to it. The cars gets pretty good milage at around 29 MPG Overall. It is comfortable to sit, but hard to enter and exit the vehicle due to the side running boards that extend out. Until you get use to it its uncomfortable. The big gripe that I have is the wind noise. It started after about 500-600 miles in. It is especially noisy on gusty windy days. I have read other reviews about this and alot come from ill fitting front doors. This is NOT that, it comes from the rear of the SUV. My wife's Caddy is not this noisy and it has 60k miles. I have taken it in twice to the dealer for service and a complaint about the excessive wind noise and nothing.. They keep it for a day to investigate and nothing. They will not go for a ride with me to find out what I am talking about (I kinda understand that) but after taking the car for a spin around the block they can't find it??? I will keep complaining and having them investigate. I can not recommend getting this car. It comes down to you get what you pay for. I REGRET buying this car.

2 out of 5 stars

Why buy anything else?

2024 Hyundai Tuscon Blue owner, 10/13/2023
2024 Hyundai Tucson Blue Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo gas/electric hybrid 6A)

Great car. Hyundai Tuscon Blue hybrid. It’s not the color of the vehicle, it’s the name of the base hybrid model. The Edmunds reviews were spot on. I drove the Kia as well. The Hyundai just seemed to be smoother to me so I went for it. Great features in this car. I’m not worried about going 0-60 in x.y seconds, so it’s all good. Big cargo space, large front and back room cab space, large touch LCD screen. You will love this car. Go test drive it. For context, I had a 2022 version of this same vehicle. It was totaled when I hit a deer. The Bluestar system saved me because I was in an area with no cell service.

1...