Used 2013 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Consumer Reviews - 12 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sonata Hybrid model:

A great car available at very low used price
By SA

2013 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

Very nice car. I actually get much better performance and mileage if I turn the blue drive off. In the city I get approximately 29mpg with blue drive, and 31 with blue drive turned off. Additionally the blue drive makes the car feel sluggish to drive, which goes away for the most part if you turn it off. unfortunately you have to turn it off every time you start the car. The only thing I do not like is the low prices these are selling on the used market. I guess it is a good thing for people who are planning to buy it used. An amazing car for the price on the used market.

Piece of crap
By Teresa

2013 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Limited 4dr Sedan w/Panoramic Sunroof Package (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

Bought car for gas Milage great first 3 yrs got 40mpg now barely get 30mpg. No one knows what is wrong dealer doesn't know and won't call support to find out it grows when accelerating they will wait till warrant goes off then find problem. Won't buy from Hyundai again I can get a SUV for same gas milage I get now
1/27/18. Still same problem. Been looking for new SUV. Will go with Subaru and NO HYBRIDS

Be Careful!!
By karen

We were quite pleased with our Sonata Hybrid at first, but it definitely doesn't get the mileage that is posted on the sales price!! This past summer we ran into a major problem with the engine, a loud clanking sound started and from there we found out our engine needed to be replaced !! This happening to a car we had for just 3 years! So they had the car for about a month and a half because they couldn't find the parts needed to fix it, on top of that it was our fault that the engine had sludged up because they said we hadn't done appropriate oil changes totally not true!!They said they found large chunks of metal throughout the engine!! So therefore Hyundai responded that the work was not covered under warranty which we are still under!!! Thousands of dollars later we have our car back! Now 4 months later we have found out Hyundai has issued a recall for Hyundai sonatas 2011 and 2012 for this exact problem the recall states that they found large chunks of metal in the engine !! The exact same problem we had yet when we called about the recall our car is not in the recall!!! Ridiculous!!! I will not recommend Hyundai they don't stand up for the customer!

It's better then expected
By Mitch

While milage drop during the winter 24 city / 32 highway, it gets good when it worm up. Last trip from Iowa to Salt Lake City I got 36.7 avg while using cruise control at 80 mph. Comming back I drop the speed to 72 mph and use my skill to see what can I get out of this car. My average was 40.6 mpg

Just like riding in a boad
By elias7

Bought brand new 2013 sonata hybrid ltd and been driving it for 18 months. Drove many different brands in the past, (BMW, Mercedes, Honda, Toyota, GM, Nissan, Ford). This car has very poor driving dynamics, it rocks back and forth, nose dives too much on road imperfections and during braking.

Gas pedal is very irresponsive, almost dangerous when you're trying to clear an intersection at orange lights. Braking is too harsh when you first touch the pedal then fades to very poor when pressed hard. Panoramic room creaks, even after 3 attempts from dealer to fix. Seats are very uncomfortable on trips longer than 2 hours.
needs alignment every 20k. Not that good on gas. car makes you dizzy.

Just an ordinary car. Nothing special. It does what it's designed to do but with no spirit.

Fix the suspension, make the seats wider, adjust the gas and break pedal position. Fix the cruise control as it's temperamental. Improve fuel economy or reduce price.