Used 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Consumer Reviews - 98 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:

She's Just Fine
By Chester

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0T 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Passenger seat is not full power. Dash material on the cheap side but acceptable. The only thing I would change about this vehicle is to delete the rubber trim around the wheel wells and across the lower body. This trim is unsightly even when new, and, unfortunately, appears on most all suv's nowadays. However, Hyundai's sister, Kia, has a Sorento with a trim level where none of this rubber is present, thus, there should be no reason Hyundai cannot do the same. Nevertheless, this has been a great vehicle and I would most certainly purchase it again and recommend it to anyone should I trade it soon for something new.

Hyundai is Horrible, will not stand behind vehicle
By Bill G 57

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0T 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have a 2013 Santa Fe 2.0 turbo AWD. My wife is the primary driver of this car,, and while she loved it at first, last weekend 02/10/18 she was just about run over by traffic trying to get to the side of the freeway after the vehicle died while she was driving in the number lane at 70mph. We called Hyundai roadside service and they would not tow the car back to the dealer some 48 miles away. They would not tow the car at all. The car was not going anywhere due to the engine not starting. We did have the vehicle towed back to the dealer at my expense. Bottom line was Hyundai will not do the right thing. With broken valves and broken spark plug they will not replace the engine! There is now debris inside the engine from the failed components and unknown where they are located inside the engine. Since the broken valve was on the #2 cylinder (FYI this seems to be a popular valve to break ) Hyundai claims it went thru the exhaust system. They will not certify this and will not replace the turbo charger. The turbo is connected to the exhaust system. Hyundai claims they do not have to honor their warranty, but they will replace only items that are broken. This does not solve the problem! The engine most likely will fail again according to what I have read, and since they will not certify that there is no (FOD) foreign object damage on the internal side of the engine does not say much for Hyundai nor it's dealers. I asked for a loaner car, or a rental car and Hyundai said no!! I said this is due to my wife being handicapped and needing a vehicle like the Santa Fe so she can drive to work and other places. Hyundai's response was "IT'S NOT OUR FAULT YOUR WIFE IS HANDICAPPED AND CAN NOT DRIVE A SMALLER VEHICLE"!!!!! WHAT!!!! Such compassion from a major car manufacturer. Hyundai is discriminating against people who have disabilities!! THIS IS A MAJOR VIOLATION OF ADA LAWS!!! Beware of their warranty as well, car is only covered for 5yrs 60K miles. The 100K warranty is only for engine, not the electrical components, A/C, ECM, alternator, transmission nor cooling system. So they lie about having the best warranty in AMERICA. They do not. You are better off purchasing an extended warranty or better still buying another vehicle all together! I now have a $40K paperweight as my wife will not drive nor place our grand kids in this car again. She no longer trusts it. HYUNDAI PLACES PROFITS BEFORE CUSTOMERS OR CUSTOMER SAFETY. Over 8yrs of this problem no recalls and still selling the same engine in the same vehicles. Also I will be taking a big monetary hit on this vehicle! CARFAX will have it on file (via VIN#) catastrophic engine failure. The 2013 Santa Fe is already taking a big hit due to the engine failures, can't give’em away, now with this moniker on the vehicle it is for sure it is no longer worth anything. Another problem I can not legally sell this car knowing the possible engine failure due to possible contamination of the internal parts of this engine. This again is on the CARFAX ,about the problems with the engine we currently have. Hyundai is not willing to handle business, they want me to just go away, well that is unlikely I am not going away and you should not either if you have had problems like these or any other that should be covered under warranty. If you own one of these Santa Fe's especially the 2.0 turbo AWD, make sure it is serviced at the dealer and often as Hyundai will try to tell you that you failed to maintain the service requirements, and if you are thinking of buying one? RUN FAST AND FAR AWAY AS POSSIBLE IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION!!! If you have had similar problems or Hyundai not honoring the warranty, any engine failure please contact me at nohyundai@gmx.com. You should file a lawsuit against Hyundai for the cost of repairs or replacement of vehicle. Do not go for a class action lawsuit it’s nice but you will get more with filing on your own. PLEASE ALSO CONSIDER FILING WITH YOUR STATE ATTORNEYS OFFICE AND THE NTSA FOR THESE PROBLEMS!!!

I am SOLD!!
By E Mata

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have always bought Fords or Chrysler’s. Shopped for 2 months and by a sheer fluke test drove my next intended practical vehicle. I was hooked! I could not believe the room in this vehicle! The air conditioner has good good power of cold output! I loved how tight it handles the road and the gas mileage is amazing! Mine is a 4 banger and this little sucker has get up and go! I have been told by other owners that these are low low maintenance vehicles, I hope this is the case for me I’ve only had my used Hyundai for 3 weeks and I love it. Wanted a Ford Edge but couldn’t afford it so when I laid eyes on a Santa Fe before the test drive I felt I was settling but once I test drove it and found the air conditioner was three times better that was it, I was a goner. Luv my Hyundai!

owners manual
By Virginia

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

The owner's manual for this car is the most nonsensical ridiculous thing I have ever seen. Went to look up how to open gas tank.. looked under gas tank, fuel tank, tank, dashboard, door buttons... there was nothing even in the index under anything resembling the fuel tank in any way. Because my sister inherited this technological nightmare from my dead mother we couldn't even ask her so i had to find it on the internet which obviously didn't do us any good while we were sitting at the gas station trying to read the monstrosity of a manual.. People ought to have to pass a learning test to drive this car as well as a chauffeur's license because with all the blind spots you may as well be driving a public school bus.

2013 2.0 loaded new in 10/2012 now has 124000 mile
By TAS

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0T 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Bought a loaded Santa Fe Sport in 10/2012. Murano Red with light tan leather. I am 66 years old and this has been my favorite vehicle. I have owned Ford, Audi, GMC, Lincoln, Acura over the years. Many have cost more, but my Santa Fe Sport has been a steller ride with NO problems. I have it fully serviced at the dealership every 20000 miles or so. They perform any adjustments and attend to recalls. Jiffy Lube does everything in between.Still stylish, interior like new (gently worn on driver seat edge). Maintains power well. No oil level problems. Rides like new. Interior materials clean nicely and look sharp. LOVE the navigation system (updated myself in 2015). 19 inch tires a bot pricey ( I use Bridgestone Duelers). Hope to get 200000+ miles and then look at a one or two year old Genesis g90. We have a great Hyundai in Wilmington NC, which helps. Cannot say enough about the fine reliability and design of the Santa Fe Sport. A perfect fit for local driving and long trips. I know Hyundai vehicles do not hold especially high valuations on the used car market so my advice is keep it going until it becomes a nuisance and then Craigs List it.