Used 2012 Hyundai Santa Fe Consumer Reviews

Used Santa Fe for Sale
Select your model:
12345...6

Pros
Cons

Bring Duct Tape

SEZ, 09/03/2015
SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Don't be misled by the appearance of the comfort of this vehicle. The 2012 Santa Fe, while performing well, is loaded with subpar craftsmanship and design. While the car performs amazingly well, the elctronics, switches, etc. are very subpar. I have had pieces literally fly off the car, constant recalls and a myriad of simple things being replaced -- from light switches to a sun roof that leaked. Added to this, the HVAC control is sporadic in its operation and will cost $900 to fix. Handling is OK, but there is more than comfortable body sway on corners. Winter driving is OK, but if you're in heavy snow areas, winter tires are highly recommended. The Blue Tooth set-up is second rate as is the navigation. In fact, the navigation is so whacked out, that even the dealer I bought the car from did not how to use it. Adjustments for things like auto door locks are non existent and the appointments, such as switches and controls and second rate -- at best. Quite honestly, if Toyota's Rav-4 did not have the goofy side-opening rear door (which they have since done away with) I would have gone with that car, or maybe the Chevy Equinox. I generally keep my cars for an extended period of time, but this will not be the case with the Santa Fe. Once the 10 yr/100k warranty expires -- the car is gone.

Hyundai, the new people's car

Mike, 01/13/2016
SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I drove my 2012 Hyundai 6cyl SE for 3.5 years and 90,000 miles. No glitches. I changed from Subaru when my 13th displayed multiple flaws in quality, reliability and design. Hyundai is what Subaru used to be but with better styling. It's affordable, reliable and fun to drive. I recently traded it in on a 2016 Santa Fe 6 seat with 6cyl. and am pleased with the evolution to the new design.

Versatile, Useful everyday car

mike paterni, 03/06/2017
GLS 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I use this car to tow my raft for fishing, hauling my dog for exercise, retrieving groceries for my wife, and general transportation. I have put 40,000 miles on this car without the need for virtually any repairs. Vehicle has been regularly maintained (oil changes, periodic mileage driven inspections). New All season tires.

"CUTE" SUV

sweetpe, 02/17/2012

The Santa Fe is a "cute" SUV, especially in Red, but it's not very comfortable when it comes to seating. The front seats are hard, the seat itself is too short and the power seat is very hard to adjust to a comfortable position. Actually the passenger seat is more comfortable than the driver's seat. The ride is way too stiff. When the back seat is flipped in the down position it does not lay flat making it hard to haul flat items or even packages. They keep sliding toward the back of the vehicle.

No music for this Hyumdai owner

Ken V., 03/24/2017
Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased a new 2012 Hyundai Santa Fe 4 1/2 years ago. About 7 weeks ago, the radio died and does not work. We were informed the warranty for electronics is good for 3 years. The dealer is willing to help us out for the cost of a new system, but Hyundai is not. Why would the radio die after 4 1/2 years of use? Needless to day, I am not sure if I will ever purchase a Hyundai again. I guess the advertised 5 year warranty is not what you pay for.

12345...6