Used 2006 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Consumer Reviews - 47 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:

More valuable than you rate
By Redhead on wheels

2006 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV GLS 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Awesome vehicle..second one we have had..in a collision with deer...sad for dear but it protected us without a scratch

Don't believe their warranty claims!
By bahappy12

2006 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV GLS 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

My rating for this review is based on the vehicle itself. It is reliable and has never broken down. It is also very comfortable and I can actually see over the steering wheel! (I'm only 5'). I bought it brand new in Aug. 2006 and have regular maintenance and check-ups at my local lube center. I never go to the dealer (they're overpriced). It currently has 74K miles.
Don't get me wrong, I love my Santa Fe! But I can't stand Hyundai's inability to cover things that they claim are covered by the warranty. At about 45K my SF wouldn't pass emissions. That was May 2014. I called the dealer because, according to the warranty, it was suppose to be covered for 8 yrs. or 80K for the emissions. It was just under the 8 yr mark. Dealer told me it's not covered, without even asking me to come in to look at it! So I called the 800 number. They gave me the same bs! I had it fixed, Cost 410$. The very next morning the alternator went out as I was backing out of my driveway. Cost me another 400$. I think the mechanic did something to it. The only other thing was at about 54K my SF was hard to steer so I checked the power steering fluid and it was empty. As it turned out, it needed a new hose. It only cost me 94$ for the part and my brother put it on for me. He had a hard time getting to it as it was up behind the engine.

This is a fun vehicle to drive with great utility
By David Lichterman

2006 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV GLS 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great Reliable SUV
By nyl777

2006 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV GLS 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Driven 100000 plus miles on it already and planning to drive another 100000 on it for another 5 years. It drives good in Michigan road in winter on a virgin snow of up to 4 inches.

I like the sexy masculine look of it.

I hope they can improve the MPG to 30 plus mpg. My average mpg is 20mpg combined hwy/city driving.

Reliability with a CAPITAL 'R'
By Gaurav

2006 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV GLS 4dr SUV AWD (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Believe it or not, in 4 years I have put 160,000 on this vehicle and it's rock solid. No issues whatsoever. No power loss, nothing. All I've done is regular oil changes (synthetic) and the up-scale filters. I have changed the front rotors once. This vehicle is just a dream and should be considered by all who are in for a reliable used. Forget the Japanese, they are just too much money for nothing. They don't even look good. I guess people are noting that in a hurry now. The Santa Fe is already the largest selling import SUV in Canada. Good job Hyundai. My next vehicle would also be a Hyundai. The Veracruz or if they come up with a larger SUV then that'd be it.

Lot of goodies for less. Window hatch. Full size spare tires. Aluminum rims. Great AC.

Gas mileage needs improvement. Outside temperature gauge and Aux input for iPOD.