Used 2013 Hyundai Genesis 5.0 R-Spec Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Hyundai Genesis 5.0 R-Spec Consumer Reviews

5.0 R-Spec 5.0L V8 8-speed Automatic - (11 reviews )

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-Spec
By SoundLivin

2013 Hyundai Genesis 5.0 R-Spec 5.0 R-Spec 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

429 V8 horsepower with a 100,000 mile warranty on the drive train. Quiet, comfortable ride. Muscle car meets luxury.

I feel like I stole it!
By AJ

2013 Hyundai Genesis 5.0 R-Spec 5.0 R-Spec 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

I love my car and it has everything that I want in a daily driver. There is more than enough power but the Rspec 5.0 is tuned for efficiency so street racers will be dissapointed. Turn the ESC off for some mild hooliganism but you will still suffer from lack of agility problems and slow shifting. I get 23 mpg on a good day but no less than 20mpg if I put my foot in it regularly. There are no sport modes and so far no aftermarket ecu tuning available so you get what you get. If you like to upgrade your car then look elsewhere. I had the same MY v6 and it's an even better bargain since both v6 and v8 have more power than the electronics will ever let you use but the v6 gave me 24-28mpg regularly. The v8 is a bit smoother though. The used prices on the Gen 1's are extraordinary for what you get. Minor nit picks are: The Navigation is already out dated and it cost too much for current maps. It can't find half the Points of Interests that try to find. Voice search is almost useless. The sound system is great but has only basic equalizer setting (bass, mid, treble). Since I like heart thumping bass I added sub woofer but the car is so well insulated I can't hear it well enough in the cabin. The trunk is huge but the rear seats don't fold down. The ride is plush but get's jarring on certain surfaces. Acceleration from a roll is slow for the 430 HP that this car has. Blue link is expensive and worthless I only wanted it for remote start but since it is through your smart phone's internet it's not worth it. Lastly, I worry about the electronics being hackable.

Luxury
By Kathleen Pritchard

Love it

LOVE MY GENESIS
By Mark Howard

2013 Hyundai Genesis 5.0 R-Spec 5.0 R-Spec 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

If it didn't say 'Hyundai,' you'd think this was a Lexus! Everything is top quality. Beautiful car inside and out.

Genisis R-Spec