Used 2012 Hyundai Genesis Consumer Reviews - 67 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Hyundai Genesis Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Genesis model:

Class and Luxury!
By Karen

2012 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

Great car for the money! Wonderful ride, rich interior and solid performance. Technology lacking in the 2012 model. Bluetooth won’t stay programmed and backup camera view is minimal compared to today’s cars. Would still recommend it. Would definitely buy another Hyundai!

2012 Genesis
By Bill L

2012 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

Only complaint I have is that the update to the GPS navigation system is not via cd or wireless and I was quoted a cost of about $325 to update. I use my I-phone to get addresses GPS doesn't have, a minor inconvenience but not worth $325 to correct.

Fast Car
By Laura W

2012 Hyundai Genesis 5.0 R-Spec 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

This car is a great weekend car but gets poor gas mileage since it's a V8 which we knew when we bought it. Do not buy if you have a far distance to work or driving a lot of miles every day. This is a great weekend car!

Ain't your Father's Genesis
By GS McDermid

2012 Hyundai Genesis 4.6 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

I was a dye hard in the wool Lincoln Town Car Fan, my last couple being a 2004 & 2010. Then they sent us searching elsewhere by discontinuing the Town Car. I was forced to shop elsewhere. It was my 13 year old son who introduced me to the Genesis. A single test drive in a 2012 Genesis 4.6 sedan and half way through I was asking if they had 2! My banker called it the corvette killer! I've actually had a vette, and that's a whole different world - let alone car. That is in no way a slight to my Genny! She is a beast, both a technology wizard, but with the old fashioned gumption to back it up!

Happy buyer!
By George Scott

2012 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

If you're looking for a luxurious ride without the luxury price tag, this is the car for you. I love it!